Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Custom Start & Ending Times for a Track

Hi.

I'm a big electronic music lover and there is only one feature i would like added to spotify. The option to choose a part of the track i would like to play and have the settings saved.

In the world of electronic music there is almost allways 2-3 minute build ups, and not many radio mixes of each track.

This can be a problem when having a party and a track lasts for 7 minutes with 3 of them is a buildup that not everyone would like to listen to.

It would be nice to have a feature like this that i can change on each track, just drag 2 buttons to a start and end point. and maybe have a 3-5 second fade on where i choose to set them.

Made a quick illustration on what i mean. Spotify proposition.jpg

Updated on 2018-10-25

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
Giovanni_Nacca

good the is havens

autentications very good

Deny777

Maybe this takes too much effort on both sides (devs and users), so how about a compromise? Create a per-playlist time limit for its songs, after which they'll fade out and skip to the next song. Here's a practical example: I have an upcoming classmates reunion and gathered most of the music we used to hear during the time we've studied together, but its over 13 hours of music. If there was such a feature I'd cap songs at maybe 2 minutes so we can listen to all or at least most of them without anyone having to spend the duration of the event skipping through the playlists. And while we're at it, how about including a "I want to hear this one through" button in case we decide we want to ignore the playlist time limit for the current song?

freedonx

This gets my vote!  I'm a cycling/spinning instructor  and like others have mentioned, there are songs that have intro (or endings) that are too long. My students would lose focus on the boring parts

zbellehof

GREAT IDEA!! I think a lot of people would find this useful.

pulaylay

would love to see this become a reality!

daanddaan

This really should happen, one of the reasons I sporadically still use iTunes. Shouldn't be too hard to implement, right?

Musicgod11

I like this idea! Please Spotify! Give the man what WE want

Cam33

Wud really like this feature too!

This is a brilliant idea and exactly what I need too...What's the update on this guys?

moonhowler

I requested this feature several years ago.  Streaming has replaced downloading and this wasnt a problem back then as there were all sorts of music editors you could simply purchase and download.  Some were even free.  I still use my dbPoweramp today to handle my local files that are tied into my Spotify playlists but stored on my devices memory instead.  I also suggested Spotify let you connect your account to Dropbox or something like that as using your devices memory can be a problem.  There are untrue rumors that this exists, but years of searching has proved otherwise and even Spotify mentioned to me that they know nothing about this.