Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Custom Start & Ending Times for a Track

Hi.

I'm a big electronic music lover and there is only one feature i would like added to spotify. The option to choose a part of the track i would like to play and have the settings saved.

In the world of electronic music there is almost allways 2-3 minute build ups, and not many radio mixes of each track.

This can be a problem when having a party and a track lasts for 7 minutes with 3 of them is a buildup that not everyone would like to listen to.

It would be nice to have a feature like this that i can change on each track, just drag 2 buttons to a start and end point. and maybe have a 3-5 second fade on where i choose to set them.

Made a quick illustration on what i mean. Spotify proposition.jpg

Updated on 2018-10-25

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
slamhound

As a DJ this is function would really make automation easier. A simple missing tool to make Spotify useful. For me, this for Android mobile app pimarily.

samarai65

Big electronic music listener here too.  Came to this thread for the same issue of long intros.  I like the fade in feature, but it doesn't work across all songs.  

Wambo

This is already possible for Spotify internal playlists, see:

https://open.spotify.com/user/spotify/playlist/37i9dQZF1DX6J5NfMJS675?si=0ufF1IYORFixlggaYduuag

Open this feature to the public, at least via the Spotify API.

ECExPat17

How is this not a feature yet?  This would provide real value to users, and probably increase subscriptions. 

I want to start Dire Straights - Money for Nothing at 1:25 or else the slow intro basically kills the party!

nullvoyd

I recently saw a playlist that uses this made by spotify, is this available now?

lkarma1

I'll second these thoughts! I used iTunes back in the college party days to specifically have songs crossover with a fade at a particular time to optizime my playlists. There's plenty of use cases and benefits based on a song's duration and what makes sense for the environment you're in, what type of playlist you are creating, etc. We just need to continue to keep voting on this topic so Spotify puts it on their road map in the future. 

BeGlorious

I also want this feature! Just came here to add my voice.

For me, this feature is currently the only major advantage that locally stored MP3's have over Spotify.

wilkdasilk

Also lots of final tracks on albums have a long gap, multiple minutes of silence, before some special content plays. These can seriously disrupt listening if you include them in a playlist, not as a part of the regular album listening experience.

jboyd10

There are 32 pages of repsonses to this question so I'm not sure if anyone suggested this yet but I literally use this all the time in iTunes / Apple Music. Any song can have it's specific start and stop time down to the 1/1000 of a second. How? Right click the song, click Song info, then Options and voila: Start and Stop time at your service. I use it to cut intros and outros from Trance podcasts (e.g. State of Trance).

Aztek55

This is a no brainer feature that I can't believe doesn't exist for Spotify! And also relatively easy to implment.

I am considering moving to itunes for simply this feature alone.