Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Custom Start & Ending Times for a Track

Hi.

I'm a big electronic music lover and there is only one feature i would like added to spotify. The option to choose a part of the track i would like to play and have the settings saved.

In the world of electronic music there is almost allways 2-3 minute build ups, and not many radio mixes of each track.

This can be a problem when having a party and a track lasts for 7 minutes with 3 of them is a buildup that not everyone would like to listen to.

It would be nice to have a feature like this that i can change on each track, just drag 2 buttons to a start and end point. and maybe have a 3-5 second fade on where i choose to set them.

Made a quick illustration on what i mean. Spotify proposition.jpg

Updated on 2018-10-25

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
FreakyNL

Apparently it exists somewhere.

For example this song:

https://open.spotify.com/track/65H6t1WQBim6q93yM8fEwn?si=NJCqt7x5R4ud9AzcABX4wQ

Has a 21s intro (and an outro part) that you don't hear if you play it from this playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1DX7MTlMMRl0MD?si=qFFDeeHvTKGzIMft5eoxPQ which Spotify itself publishes.

Very nice for dancing, cuz you'd be standing still on the intro.

Spotify can thus do it in their playlists --- why can't we?

SerVB

So today I've canceled my subscription because for me it's just more convenient to listen to cropped mp3 files... Maybe I will return to paid Spotify when this cropping feature is implemented

Myragem

I use my spotify to to dungeon master role playing games, many OSTs start with a loud bang and then work into a build up before they pop off- this is great in a film but doesn't work when what you want is a lead. Also the ability to grab a loop that builds tension without needing the finale would be incredibly helpful

Luxue145

Would be the best feature

shakeyohipz

I would like to bump this as using the URI link and sending is very tedious especially when playing through a playlist for an event. I don't see why this couldn't be implemented for premium users. Of course the reason it works with iTunes is because DMCA assumes the song is owned, but I pay for premium access to Spotify, so I feel like this should be addressed by tweaking licensing agreements. 

Rim4

@Spotify

Over 2200 upvotes and not an update in 2 years.

SHAME.

This is such a great feature that MUST be added for the paying subscribers who wants to perfect their playlists for the best listening experience.

**bleep** just make a Spotify PRO $29/month businessplan and add flashy features like this and Lossless quality. 

Make bank is all you want right?

ji22

Please open this to the paid users. Come on now don't be shy.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1DXcZDD7cfEKhW

iPhone

9 years later lol we need this Spotify

romyoash

Hi! As it has been nearly ten years, is there any update on when this feature will be added?

Thank you 🙂

Gurdip

Just made an account here to say this feature alone would convince me to get premium and move off of Soundcloud.