Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Custom Start & Ending Times for a Track

Hi.

I'm a big electronic music lover and there is only one feature i would like added to spotify. The option to choose a part of the track i would like to play and have the settings saved.

In the world of electronic music there is almost allways 2-3 minute build ups, and not many radio mixes of each track.

This can be a problem when having a party and a track lasts for 7 minutes with 3 of them is a buildup that not everyone would like to listen to.

It would be nice to have a feature like this that i can change on each track, just drag 2 buttons to a start and end point. and maybe have a 3-5 second fade on where i choose to set them.

Made a quick illustration on what i mean. Spotify proposition.jpg

Updated on 2018-10-25

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
Mataksas

Spotify is too lazy and doesn't care about the community. The idea is 10 years old, has almost 2.5k votes, and 40 pages of comments. It's pretty apparent they are just ignoring this suggestion most likely because it would hurt Spotify to let users have such an option.

Mataksas

Apple Music has this feature

teddsutcliffe

Problem:  In a playlist with songs from diverse sources, too little crossfade causes dead air but too much crossfade makes songs that start and end abruptly play over each other.

Solution:  Allow playlist creators to set a number of seconds for crossfade after each track in the playlist.  This would override the default setting for the user's profile.  For songs where no crossfade is set, the user's default crossfade time will be used.

musichead1217

I like this idea as it would allow us to "tighten up" our segues and keep the music going like a professional DJ does.

I also would like the option to not fade into the next track but start it at normal volume as the previous track fades out.

I use Breakaway Audio Enhancer to process the audio to get that broadcast sound and make for smoother transitions but these two suggestions would make a huge difference.

kaustic

There are many times where songs have different artists and it is possible in this situation that one artists verse is much better than the other ones. It can also be possible that one verse is so much better that you only want to listen to the better one, but you always have to manually skip the bad parts.

This feature would allow a user to edit the portion of a song that plays in their playlist. I'd imagine that in the 3 dots dropdown, if the song is in your playlist, there would be an "Edit Length" button and if you press it, a slider which represents the length of the song opens up. You could use that slider to change which parts of the song play when you select it.

This would be very similar to the way you edit the length of videos in a video editing app.

BalasiDavid

Hi!

There is a lot of music that I really like, but I rarely listen to it because the beginning or end of the music is very monotonous, or I don't like it.

It would be nice to be able to edit these details with a simple slider on my favorite music or a playlist, so that I don't have to constantly wrap half or even a whole minute into the music.

Sorry for the spelling, I'm not good at English 🙂 

rhythmyr

What would also be great is if we could set the fader individually between tracks and have the option of listeners listening with the creators crossfader settings, as it's possible to make songs sound mixed with the crossfader, and a longer option for crossfader time would be good as well.  30 seconds maximum would do it.

dimasirgi

We need to share songs with certain parts, for example sharing chorus parts with friends or certain second parts with interesting lyrics. So that our friends can immediately hear the part we mean.

renderpaz

This would be a game changer for using Spotify for parties- please do it!

mathmom5

Came to find a solution and found an eleven-year-old request with a "Not Right Now" response. I will have to switch to Apple Music because I am not paying for both. Spotify needs to step up for those announcing and performing.