Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Custom Start & Ending Times for a Track

Hi.

I'm a big electronic music lover and there is only one feature i would like added to spotify. The option to choose a part of the track i would like to play and have the settings saved.

In the world of electronic music there is almost allways 2-3 minute build ups, and not many radio mixes of each track.

This can be a problem when having a party and a track lasts for 7 minutes with 3 of them is a buildup that not everyone would like to listen to.

It would be nice to have a feature like this that i can change on each track, just drag 2 buttons to a start and end point. and maybe have a 3-5 second fade on where i choose to set them.

Made a quick illustration on what i mean. Spotify proposition.jpg

Updated on 2018-10-25

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
thundercatzzz

bump.

would really love this.

Tdcdodger

This is the ONLY feature that iTunes has over Spotify 🙂

I would love custom start/stop times to be integrated into Spotify as well.

MacWarrior

+ 1 !

Leila13

agreed with others that this is what's holding me back from transitioning fully to spotify from iTunes - any update?

DannyJLewis

Yeh.. funny.. I just thought of something similar this morning and wrote a blog piece about. Let's have it!

http://musicprotutorials.com/2013/10/07/open-letter-to-spotify-tech-team/

Lukey

I've been thinking of this feature for ages! I wanted to create a playlist that uses a small portion of a song as a theme when switching between songs, and this is the best way that I could think of doing it. 

It would also be awesome if you could select more than 1 portion of a single song to play, rather than putting the same song in a playlist multiple times with different times selected to play for each. I could then select which verses of songs I would like to listen to, which would be great for longer songs, eg: American Pie by Don McLean. 

moojbarber

This is a great idea, I have been thinking the same thing for a long time.

I don't understand how it can not be in the license agreement to skip some of the track, if I want to skip some of the track now I can, I just have to do it manually.

PhilCallow

I agree with all your posts too, I was trying to do the very same thing with a piece of music that I only want the centre section. Classic example would be the Chain by Fleetwood Mac.

krth8 has the idea nailed. A couple of sliders each side would make it really easy, has the benefit then of isolating any part of the track. Even if you wanted two sections of the same track, hopefully you could just edit the same track twice (two seperate entries) to create two variants of the same track.

When, when, when please spotify!

SagaciousB

This would be fantastic. Especially when having a little dance party. Usually you want to keep the flow going and not just listen to the start of every song.

Milocrates

Would echo all the above Spotify, if "Not right now", when?

Complete the circle!