Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Custom Start & Ending Times for a Track

Hi.

I'm a big electronic music lover and there is only one feature i would like added to spotify. The option to choose a part of the track i would like to play and have the settings saved.

In the world of electronic music there is almost allways 2-3 minute build ups, and not many radio mixes of each track.

This can be a problem when having a party and a track lasts for 7 minutes with 3 of them is a buildup that not everyone would like to listen to.

It would be nice to have a feature like this that i can change on each track, just drag 2 buttons to a start and end point. and maybe have a 3-5 second fade on where i choose to set them.

Made a quick illustration on what i mean. Spotify proposition.jpg

Updated on 2018-10-25

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
layneDOTtrain

This is just a many-to-many table between playlist and song with time_cut_start and time_cut_stop attributes. iTunes had this in 'get info' of song. Assuming the start and stop time would be playlist-specific.

UPDATE: actually... that table already exists so it's just a new column. however, perhaps it would require checks in the logic layer when starting to a play a song.

I'm a paying subscriber and I would really like to see this feature implemented. There are a lot of tracks that I can't add to playlists because they have really long intros. They span diverse genres, like if I'm building a music of upbeat Funky music, there are some songs with a long, slow intro that I want to cut out. Or Wu-Tang's first album has some really, really long intros like on Method Man's song. 

I'm a bit frustrated that this suggestion has stagnated for what, over 7 years now?

Come on Spotify Team, you can do better than this.

Kyuumin

This request is 8 years old and there is still no solution. Such a small addition would make such a big difference for us. Come on Spotify, this really shouldn‘t take that long!

cpl_593h

It would be nice to have this for entries in a playlist, rather than applying it to a track everywhere.

Carlosjoya88

Yes adding this feature would be so sick and would help fellow musicians too. 

001tdk

being able to long songs shorter should be an option is a main

item I would like to see as well as many other does not seam like it would be to hard

jamesarcool

I would listen to Umbrella by Rihanna on Spotify if I could get it to start 35 seconds in like I've set it on iTunes.

Ozprey

Spotify sometimes incorrectly subdivides an album into tracks. Like say your fav track in one of your playlists is part of such a bugged album, it sucks to hear half of the next song (which you don't like) in that album before spotify continues with the rest of your playlist. 

This feature would also help to fix that!

Rim4

Any update? Still to this day I see people taking up their phone just to fast forward or change song, because the song simply was too long. 'the spotify effect'. 

Most of the house/electro/techno songs are full versions intended to be mixed together, 8 minute versions can easily be manually mixed into 3-4 minute and it would be way easier to find that perfect crossfade.

For me, the lack of this feature and a not being able to write notes/tags (bpm, "cue points" etc.) renders Spotify useless for me, and I think for many others out there who are perfecting their playlists.

I unsubscribed and started buying all my music and mixing it together manually. It takes up way to much of my time. But I literally have no choice. A very simple feature for a much better listening experience, just throwing it out there. 

GvR_Mr_Mister

I wonder if its possible to do this using the api. Are there any third party apps doing this with spotify songs?