Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Custom Start & Ending Times for a Track

Hi.

I'm a big electronic music lover and there is only one feature i would like added to spotify. The option to choose a part of the track i would like to play and have the settings saved.

In the world of electronic music there is almost allways 2-3 minute build ups, and not many radio mixes of each track.

This can be a problem when having a party and a track lasts for 7 minutes with 3 of them is a buildup that not everyone would like to listen to.

It would be nice to have a feature like this that i can change on each track, just drag 2 buttons to a start and end point. and maybe have a 3-5 second fade on where i choose to set them.

Made a quick illustration on what i mean. Spotify proposition.jpg

Updated on 2018-10-25

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
hmaesta

For God's sake, Spotify. Just do like iTunes!!!!

An easy option that can be "loaded" in every device easily.

A.png

perealb

This is an excellent idea. I disagree it needs an update in the agreements (unless it was specified the song could not be partially listened BY THE USER). There is no actual editing of the song and Spotify is not cutting the song, it's just that the user is choosing to listen to part of it. Apple has something very similar to it on its iTunes and iTunes Match.

Teng

Any updates on this?

jakobrutter

no more update since 2012?

Spotvogel

This would indeed be a very great feature. It's a shame that it has been postponed due to licencing issues. I have a few songs in my playlist myself where I'd like to select the start and stop time, so I support this feature completely.

I hope the devs and other involved parties would take an other look at this. It is one of the few essential features that Spotify lacks up until now.

juggy32

This is one advantage of iTunes over Spotify.  On iTunes you right-click the song listing, click Get Info and then Options.  At Options you can edit the playtime to crop off the beginning and/or end.

C'mon, Spotify, you're not going to let iTunes be one-up on you on this, are you?

Hoping to herar the good news.

ernestokern

I need the same thing!!!!

dgroganvoice

It's been awhile since this idea was suggested.  Can't believe they have not done it yet.

tanelofficial

Hey Spotify! We pay for your services and you can't just add this simple thing to play our songs from the "start". Thanks a lot...

I'd love this - there's a few "hidden tracks" on the ends of albums that haven't been normalised - sometimes they have silence before they start. This was "cool" when you were playing the CD, but I don't really want 5 minutes of silence coming up on random!