Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Music] HiFi Quality - Lossless Streaming 16bit 44.1khz

I've just started a trial of Qobuz - they offer the standard 320kbps as well as lossless FLAC streaming (and high res downloads if you purchase them) the sound quality is noticeably better and on classical it's just wonderful to get all that resolution through your hi-fi or headphones! The catalogue has a way to go to get to Spotify's level, but they are getting there. The iPad app isn't' too bad (the desktop app is in need of an upgrade but I hear they are putting all their efforts into mobile apps right now).

So - lossless streaming - if Qobuz can do it then so can Spotify, they must have the same source - and obviously if you are asking £20 a month then those record labels and distributors take enough notice to make the high res tracks available for streaming. What this all means is soon, very soon, we will get lossless streaming and closely followed by high res downloads - but if Spotify aren't careful it will be Apple who get there first with an audiophile premium offering, and when they do it will be a much harder market place to make money in!

Updated on 2022-01-07

Hey folks,

We know that HiFi quality audio is important to you. We feel the same, and we’re excited to deliver a Spotify HiFi experience to Premium users in the future. But we don’t have timing details to share yet.

We will of course update you here when we can.

Take care.

Comments
Silverburstjazz
Amazon already did. It sounds great.
music3l3m3nt

@Spotify - any news on this?

Cryptoxic

It's been almost 5 years since this thread was started. There was a trial back in 2017 but we never heard anything since. Can anyone from spotify post an update to say they're at least working on it? I really love the variety of music on Spotify but Tidal has lossless streaming and it sounds so much better than normal 320Kbps on my IEMs. Please spotify, do something. I really don't want to switch to another service.

Soundquality

Spotify's CEO said in an interview several weeks ago they were not interested in offering a lossless subscription . 
I would look elsewhere 

tevekanna

Perhaps we are all confusing Spotify with someone who actually gives**bleep** about music. My bad.

I'll be switching to a competitor shortly. Deezer offers a larger library (53 vs 30 million licenses) and FLAC 16 Bits / 44.1kHz.

johan-sson

Source on that statement? @Soundquality

Soundquality

Read the article . Spotify has no interest 

Soundquality

The minute I read that article I deleted all Spotify apps including the desktop app . 
My guess is they will never offer hi-res unless Apple does it which is unlikely . 

johan-sson

Since Spotify have no interest in this topic or their the customers, maybe we should start spamming Apple instead.