Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Music] HiFi Quality - Lossless Streaming 16bit 44.1khz

I've just started a trial of Qobuz - they offer the standard 320kbps as well as lossless FLAC streaming (and high res downloads if you purchase them) the sound quality is noticeably better and on classical it's just wonderful to get all that resolution through your hi-fi or headphones! The catalogue has a way to go to get to Spotify's level, but they are getting there. The iPad app isn't' too bad (the desktop app is in need of an upgrade but I hear they are putting all their efforts into mobile apps right now).

So - lossless streaming - if Qobuz can do it then so can Spotify, they must have the same source - and obviously if you are asking £20 a month then those record labels and distributors take enough notice to make the high res tracks available for streaming. What this all means is soon, very soon, we will get lossless streaming and closely followed by high res downloads - but if Spotify aren't careful it will be Apple who get there first with an audiophile premium offering, and when they do it will be a much harder market place to make money in!

Updated on 2022-01-07

Hey folks,

We know that HiFi quality audio is important to you. We feel the same, and we’re excited to deliver a Spotify HiFi experience to Premium users in the future. But we don’t have timing details to share yet.

We will of course update you here when we can.

Take care.

Comments
Tdiz1

As far as I know, the CEO of Spotify has announced that he has no intention of offering Hi-Rez streaming. I would say it’s time to cut bait and do something else.

Blueshound24

I've posted this before and will continue to post it to get the word out that Spotify has said they are NOT interested in and will NOT offer CD quality streaming.

For those of you who haven't read this article in Variety dot com:

“Spotify Dismisses Amazon’s High-Definition Audio: ‘It’s Not a Big Differentiator’

Spotify-dismisses-amazon-hd-high-definition-audio

“We haven’t talked much about [a high-fidelity option],” he said when asked whether the company has plans to launch its own high-definition service. “If you go back and look at it, it’s not really something that’s been a big differentiator among the different services. It’s really about user interface, algorithms, playlists, discoverability and those type of things.” “We think that in terms of what consumers are looking for, it’s not something that’s really resonated.”

Spotify VP and head of investor relations said they are not interested in lossless streaming. So it's time to jump ship friends, like many of us have. Spotify DOES NOT CARE about improving their streaming beyond MP3 quality.

This thread is a JOKE to Spotify's higher management. So to Spotify, here's what I think is funny, I subscribe to Amazon HD annual rate of $129/year which is $10.75/month and couldn't be happier. 

https://variety.com/2019/biz/news/spotify-dismisses-amazon-hd-high-definition-audio-1203338841

jzzmusician

I'm currently subscribed to Spotify Premium AND Qobuz.

I use Spotify to find new music and Qobuz to listen.  There is simply no comparison to the quality.  Spotify also has no comparison when it comes to curating playlists based on what I like.  I'm spending $25 per month and an additional 6 bucks a month to transfer playlists from Spotify to Qobuz.  I'm thinking I'm not alone.

C'mon Spotify, get with the program.

stoother

The thing is that this request is so old now, that’s its starting to get behind the times itself. Services are starting to offer 96kHz or higher resolution. 

Simply asking for “CD Quality” shouldn’t even be a new feature request, it should be a given by now considering how old this is. Other services have already moved there and now talking about Atmos enabled tracks and Master Quality Audio. Spotify is way behind in this space, and that’s very disappointing to see their attitude towards what should be a no brainer. 

oriodj

Yes Spotify has the best and complete catalogue, but I cannot pay for 2 subscriptions, so I moved to Qobuz at the moment and cancelled Spotify  subscription.

ajmarini

At this point, I think this thread is completely ignored by the company.

Like most of you, I hate having to pay for two subscriptions. Spotify is the big kid that's built into every device in my house, so that seem to be the one to put my money into. I wish it would buy Tidal or something.

Groppe

Is this still considered a good idea, or totally scrapped?

PaulMac

Is this still considered a good idea, or totally scrapped?

Maybe Mr Vogel would like reply to this? To answer the thousands of customers who've taken the time to post/vote here. I assume he hasn't yet changed his mind that it doesn't really resonate with us.. 

Lkillian10

Hi res through Spotify would be a massive game- changer. I now subscribe to Amazon HD until Spotify (or Apple up the quality). If Spotify really do value their lead in streaming then hi res offer/ tier is a no-brained. Please do it Spotify.

abvolt
I'd love to see that as well but I'm not all that sure Spotify cares for
their customers this topic hes been here for years and still never any
answer I moved over to Qobuz it's simply amazing sounding..