Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Music] HiFi Quality - Lossless Streaming 16bit 44.1khz

I've just started a trial of Qobuz - they offer the standard 320kbps as well as lossless FLAC streaming (and high res downloads if you purchase them) the sound quality is noticeably better and on classical it's just wonderful to get all that resolution through your hi-fi or headphones! The catalogue has a way to go to get to Spotify's level, but they are getting there. The iPad app isn't' too bad (the desktop app is in need of an upgrade but I hear they are putting all their efforts into mobile apps right now).

So - lossless streaming - if Qobuz can do it then so can Spotify, they must have the same source - and obviously if you are asking £20 a month then those record labels and distributors take enough notice to make the high res tracks available for streaming. What this all means is soon, very soon, we will get lossless streaming and closely followed by high res downloads - but if Spotify aren't careful it will be Apple who get there first with an audiophile premium offering, and when they do it will be a much harder market place to make money in!

Updated on 2022-01-07

Hey folks,

We know that HiFi quality audio is important to you. We feel the same, and we’re excited to deliver a Spotify HiFi experience to Premium users in the future. But we don’t have timing details to share yet.

We will of course update you here when we can.

Take care.

Comments
bill99k

If spotify doesn't offer hi res audio or lossless audio they will get left behind, just like Pandora did with streaming. Pandora took their customers for granted and now they are playing catch up and not doing well at it. It's ironic that spotify did so much right to build their brand and now they are neglecting audio. Podcasts are not the answer spotify! Good music lasts forever.

Littlebitdead

Hello Spotify team,

I would be happy to test loseless quality on Spotify app. Please reach out.

Best Regards,

little bit dead

gloptical

No update from Spotify in almost three years. In my book that's called ignoring your customers completely.

They ran a test three years ago and concluded subscribers were not interested enough as to pay more. What about now? Do they want to be kicked out of business by Amazon Music hi-fi first, and take a decision later?

GadgetMan

Any more news on lossless high res hd ultra hd music please, Spotify if now falling behind, Evan to likes of Amazon Music they had hd and ultra hd music and on my Sonos it sounds pretty dame nice 

Joner

Well I've been with Spotify for over 4 years and the last 3 months Spotify will NOT play on my Laptop's anymore and Spotify do NOT want to know!!! 

So I'm moving to Amazon Music Ultra HD. 

And will Not be returning...  Ever. 

Terrible customer service??? 

Joner (was a loyal customer) 

CristianJ

Just treated myself to a decent hifi and speakers. And out of curiosity trying the T***L hifi trial offer. Seriously didnt think I would notice the difference, but boy....it is so noticeable.

Feel like I've woken up to something here and judging by the comments Spotify ought to wake up to this too.

robert_p

Dear SPOTIFY, I am your fan from the very beginning here. Great app, great search, great playlists... But still no way to get loseless CD quality in 2020? Now its great for commuting and background music, but not enough for good home performance, even on low-end hifi. Where is the problem? Will it really come? I do not want to go to another provider, but I will have to 😞 And I am definitely not the only one...

Auldhighlander

Sadly, this is my last month on spotify, i love you for so many reasons, been about for years and the subscription was a bargin,  for the whole family. Sadly though, as tech moves on, so should you. Uhd audio is amazing, if you would just comment on when, and have way more interaction with subscribers on this. I have been back to check, yet nothing but this post(unless i missed something). 

I hope in the near Future you apply this very logical step of UHD and i will be back in a SHOT. 

Begging you to give us a bit more information on this. 

Till then, thank you for the music, all my kids and wife and myself logged in so much time. 

Ta ta from now

Spiritz69

The funny thing about this is that spotify is thinking that making playlists for animals is more important right now 😂

ajmarini

For those of you who want to get the most out of your Spotify, there is a way.

In your settings, turn volume equalization on. Then, set the volume level to "quiet" (the choice defaults to normal). This will all for the most dynamic range for all songs.  At first, the "loud" setting will make it sound better but that's a bit of an illusion. Quiet is the actual best setting (it even states that higher dynamic range is available through the "quiet" setting.)

Also, add an equalizer. 

If you do this right, it's going to be really hard to tell the difference.

Also, remember, if you are comparing to Tidal, Tidal defaults to higher volume.