Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Music] HiFi Quality - Lossless Streaming 16bit 44.1khz

I've just started a trial of Qobuz - they offer the standard 320kbps as well as lossless FLAC streaming (and high res downloads if you purchase them) the sound quality is noticeably better and on classical it's just wonderful to get all that resolution through your hi-fi or headphones! The catalogue has a way to go to get to Spotify's level, but they are getting there. The iPad app isn't' too bad (the desktop app is in need of an upgrade but I hear they are putting all their efforts into mobile apps right now).

So - lossless streaming - if Qobuz can do it then so can Spotify, they must have the same source - and obviously if you are asking £20 a month then those record labels and distributors take enough notice to make the high res tracks available for streaming. What this all means is soon, very soon, we will get lossless streaming and closely followed by high res downloads - but if Spotify aren't careful it will be Apple who get there first with an audiophile premium offering, and when they do it will be a much harder market place to make money in!

Updated on 2022-01-07

Hey folks,

We know that HiFi quality audio is important to you. We feel the same, and we’re excited to deliver a Spotify HiFi experience to Premium users in the future. But we don’t have timing details to share yet.

We will of course update you here when we can.

Take care.

Comments
Bibii99

Isthisdifferent

2020 is here and I can attest that I’d still love to have a FLAC experience via Spotify. There is simply no other provider out there doing what Spotify has done. The platform and internal algorithms that make things like “Discover Weekly” and “Release Radar” possible are simply incredible. I just want to give Spotify more $$$ so I can have this experience in the HiFi space - specifically through Marantz/Denon Spotify app via HEOS.

Jk12345
I’m actually hopeful that Spotify Connect will support lossless at some point soon.

Over two years since the last status update and as of Feb 11, 2020 this is ranked #2 of all live ideas (not yet implemented): 

1. Change Username – 27,073 votes
  2. HiFi Quality - Lossless Streaming 16bit 44.1khz – 20,427 votes
  3. View all Playlist Followers –  18,351 votes
  4. Bring back Lyrics – 15,591 votes 
  5. Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music – 12,142 votes

C'mon Spotify, give us an update!?

GrodyCody

I'm currently on a 3 month trial of Amazon Music HD and I have to say I'm probably going to switch if Spotify doesn't have lossless before my trial ends. For those saying you can't tell the difference... I'm sorry about your cheap stereo. Even if you don't have ultra-sensitive ears like many audiophiles, I promise you the average person can hear the sonic difference on a high-end stereo. I've been doing blind comparisons of the same songs between Spotify and Amazon Music HD and the difference is HUGE. 

Dear Spotify, it's time.

kowalskigregor

Hallo,
I love spotify, 

I'm still worried about any information on spotify hifi, another year passes and nothing is still known.
Spotify is the best, only the HiFi quality option is missing, please give me some information in this matter...

greetings

Tdiz1
It’s not the best. 😊

Qobuz or even Apple Music are better.
Just sayin.

sabarishm

I am having a tidal and Spotify subscription currently and I really don't want to leave Spotify due to impeccable app and ease of use. Tidal sucks in that department. However, when playing music from tidal on a stereo amp, I am not liking Spotify at all and dearly need the quality tidal provides. Please do not make me use that pathetic app provided by your competitor. Please start providing lossless audio!

johan-sson

Spotify Connect is the only reason why I'm still using Spotify...

Spotify please please please make this happen! #2 on the ideas list should get a clear update on the status of Hifi!