Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Music] HiFi Quality - Lossless Streaming 16bit 44.1khz

I've just started a trial of Qobuz - they offer the standard 320kbps as well as lossless FLAC streaming (and high res downloads if you purchase them) the sound quality is noticeably better and on classical it's just wonderful to get all that resolution through your hi-fi or headphones! The catalogue has a way to go to get to Spotify's level, but they are getting there. The iPad app isn't' too bad (the desktop app is in need of an upgrade but I hear they are putting all their efforts into mobile apps right now).

So - lossless streaming - if Qobuz can do it then so can Spotify, they must have the same source - and obviously if you are asking £20 a month then those record labels and distributors take enough notice to make the high res tracks available for streaming. What this all means is soon, very soon, we will get lossless streaming and closely followed by high res downloads - but if Spotify aren't careful it will be Apple who get there first with an audiophile premium offering, and when they do it will be a much harder market place to make money in!

Updated on 2022-01-07

Hey folks,

We know that HiFi quality audio is important to you. We feel the same, and we’re excited to deliver a Spotify HiFi experience to Premium users in the future. But we don’t have timing details to share yet.

We will of course update you here when we can.

Take care.

Comments
Lkillian10

QOBUZ now offering FLAC 24-bit 192kHz 'Studio Premier' in UK (also USA) for £14.99 a month - I have just subscribed for the year!! Superb in every respect ..... well done QOBUZ!

[Netflix] is not on the radar. - Blockbuster

It doesn't have a keyboard. It's not a good email machine. - Steve balmer, Microsoft, (about iPhone)

I see little commercial potential for the internet for the next 10 years - Bill gates, 1994

Who listens to 1000 songs? - Motorola (about iPod)

[Lossless] it's not something that's really ressonated. - Spotify

OP1Kenobi

Customer service has been unreachable in my attempts to reach out to TIDAL with various questions. I gave up a long time ago ...I am glad that I chose Spotify! They have the best friendliest, and nicest customer service and they're readily availble to help with any questions or concerns speedily!

abvolt
Excellent comment but sadly Spotify doesn't hear their customers or they
simply don't care one of the two..I've been enjoying Qobuz for some 6
months now check it out it's the best in sound quality..
dereklo

it's really disappointing spotify offers no lossless music plan since this suggestion came out in 2014.   spotify is trailing behind most other streaming music services on sound quality aspect and seemingly not interest in communicating with users about the reasons they're not offering lossless music.  offering lossless plan is one of the very good ways to boast the apru.  almost all other major competitors are offering it so i doubt there's any major difficulties in doing so.   wake up spotify, before it's too late! 

kowalskigregor

I really like spotify, I have been a customer for about 8 years and everything is great.
only annoys me that the competition is already FLAC quality and spotify does nothing,

gives us no information or hope.
I have also been using TIDAL HiFi , I have a trial period of three months, the difference is clear.

spotify puts us ahead of difficult choices, I hope that soon it will change and I will finally have HiFi spotify.

dereklo

same here.  i also subscribed to tidal hifi plan and enjoy the much higher sound quality of master collections.  for the interface and operational side, i like spotify more.   i can easily stream from my DAP and then switch to my home stereo when getting home, seamlessly.   the recommended playlists also much more suit my preference. 

it's really a pity that spotify lacks behind in sound quality, by so far. 

Auldhighlander

Its like they are not reading this thread, did the admins block this thread and forget? 

Come on gods of spotify, give us a new announcement, or just confirm you still have no plans.

fung0619

plzzzzzz spotify plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

LoliKami

Even Amazon is offering Lossless. I like Spotify's library, but I'm also in need of Lossless with my expensive headphone setups. I'm actually on the binge of switching to Amazon since they have the free trial and I'm a prime member. Please bring Lossless to Spotify.