Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Music] HiFi Quality - Lossless Streaming 16bit 44.1khz

I've just started a trial of Qobuz - they offer the standard 320kbps as well as lossless FLAC streaming (and high res downloads if you purchase them) the sound quality is noticeably better and on classical it's just wonderful to get all that resolution through your hi-fi or headphones! The catalogue has a way to go to get to Spotify's level, but they are getting there. The iPad app isn't' too bad (the desktop app is in need of an upgrade but I hear they are putting all their efforts into mobile apps right now).

So - lossless streaming - if Qobuz can do it then so can Spotify, they must have the same source - and obviously if you are asking £20 a month then those record labels and distributors take enough notice to make the high res tracks available for streaming. What this all means is soon, very soon, we will get lossless streaming and closely followed by high res downloads - but if Spotify aren't careful it will be Apple who get there first with an audiophile premium offering, and when they do it will be a much harder market place to make money in!

Updated on 2022-01-07

Hey folks,

We know that HiFi quality audio is important to you. We feel the same, and we’re excited to deliver a Spotify HiFi experience to Premium users in the future. But we don’t have timing details to share yet.

We will of course update you here when we can.

Take care.

Comments
Tdiz1

And I agree with you about AirPlay. It’s not sounding right. I’m not sure what’s going on but the signal is not getting through correctly. when I play any of the services  through Sonos’ native app for example, they sound significantly better. 
The thing is, I’m not really talking about sending the signal wirelessly to whatever the sound system is. I’m talking about listening to the music service straight from the computer or the smart phone. If you do that on a wired connection to your headphones or a standalone amp that’s where the truth of the signal is. Any of the wireless systems is going to have to compress the sound information to a certain degree. I have heard that chrome cast is capable of extremely high bandwidth. I have yet to try that.

But circling back to the music files streaming services, I honestly believe that Tidal, and my preference, Qobuz are significantly better than Spotify or Apple Music.

cuehernandez

Sin novedad, es una tristeza.

calebwillison

Please offer hifi, my friends and I are currently on Tidal's trial with their hifi, and we've decided after our free trial runs dry we're going to switch to Tidal. We have 4 months and I'm really hoping Spotify offers hifi by then so I don't have to transfer over all of my playlists. Now that I've experienced the difference between Spotify's maximum bitrate of 320 and Tidal's 1400 and true lossless, I can't settle for 320. I know Tidal costs more but it's a price I'm willing to pay, especially considering the family plan makes it affordable.

Please offer hifi as I like Spotify's UI more than Tidal's. I think a lot of people feel the same, we'd rather just stick with Spotify but there has to be a reason to.

gloptical

I so relate to this. Impossible to go back to that poor sound after seeing "the light" 🙂

When will Spot-low-fi wake up?

Btw you can export your Spotify playlists to Tidal. Some tracks might not be available but most are. 

cjmurphy111

Please get this done, otherwise I am going to have to move to Tidal or Qobuz soon; Spotify quality is pretty poor as soon as you start running it through a decent DAC and hifi. I’d happily pay a little bit more...

Tdiz1

Give Qobuz a shot. It sounds so good, it will literally bring tears to your eyes. Particular through a DAC. It is jaw-dropping good. 

WouterJFAerts

Spotify sounds like **bleep**, I too find Qobuz the best in the market when it comes to quality.

I used Soundiiz to sync my playlists from Spotify to other platforms.

Spotify still had the best user interface, but when you really want to listen to music, this comes in second place.

My setup I use for listening and compared the different streaming services with:

* rPi  with Volumio (which you can connect with your Qobuz or Tidal account)

* Cambridge Audio DacMagic 100

* Cambridge Audio Azur 640a v2

* Bowers & Wilkins 602 s3

abvolt
I agree Qobuz is best in sound quality, you've got some great gear
also..enjoy
Tdiz1

Agreed. Wouter, seems like you do have a sweet set up. 👍🏻

BenyaminL

We really waiting for many years. when will it comes. please?