Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Music] HiFi Quality - Lossless Streaming 16bit 44.1khz

I've just started a trial of Qobuz - they offer the standard 320kbps as well as lossless FLAC streaming (and high res downloads if you purchase them) the sound quality is noticeably better and on classical it's just wonderful to get all that resolution through your hi-fi or headphones! The catalogue has a way to go to get to Spotify's level, but they are getting there. The iPad app isn't' too bad (the desktop app is in need of an upgrade but I hear they are putting all their efforts into mobile apps right now).

So - lossless streaming - if Qobuz can do it then so can Spotify, they must have the same source - and obviously if you are asking £20 a month then those record labels and distributors take enough notice to make the high res tracks available for streaming. What this all means is soon, very soon, we will get lossless streaming and closely followed by high res downloads - but if Spotify aren't careful it will be Apple who get there first with an audiophile premium offering, and when they do it will be a much harder market place to make money in!

Updated on 2022-01-07

Hey folks,

We know that HiFi quality audio is important to you. We feel the same, and we’re excited to deliver a Spotify HiFi experience to Premium users in the future. But we don’t have timing details to share yet.

We will of course update you here when we can.

Take care.

Comments
norega000

Spotify, come thru!

supergeek

This is #1 most voted idea now, keep on voting guys! They cannot ignore that users want lossless too for better quality and it's pretty clear. C'mon Spotify, give us more sound quality options, I have a feeling you won't disappoint us!

kowalskigregor

C'mon Spotify, give us more sound quality options!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

changenowde

So this has now been 6 years. 
Amazon offers losless streaming by now too. (except from Tidal, qobuz ...). And the audio experience is different. I would be even happy to pay more for my spotify membership if I could get CD quality or higher.

You guys are really ignoring this still?

flacit

Hi

Such a long time since I posted on this thread.

And nothing has changed, no response, nothing.

Maybe its time for a different approach.

Instead of wasting our time commenting on this post.

Why don't we target the Artists?

I am sure there are plenty of artists on Spotify who will support us on our crusade.

They don't go into studios to record albums, so that we can listen to it **bleep** format offered by spotify.

Pick your top 10 favourite artists on Spotify, it should take you less than 5 minutes to find a contact link.

Then bombard them with your request, daily if need be.

Ask them to request there music be made available in a High Res Format.

Worth a try. 

abvolt
Good idea I was a Spotify customer for years but left for Qobuz and most of
my favorite artists do have Hi Res formats,I listen to up to 24 bit 192
most are 24 bit 44.1 It's just at least I think Spotify doesn't care about
their customers. I encourage everyone to give Qobuz a try it's only 14.99
for studio, the sound quality is amazing and you'll really notice the
differences if your audio gear is better than a phone..enjoy all
alex13july

I've been on Tidal via succession of promos they offer, checking all the time, before commiting to the next one, if Spotify offers lossless plan. 

My current offer ends in 2 weeks, and they're already offering me a new one, for 3 months, a good value, so I'm accepting it, because Spotify still doesn't offer lossless. 

There is an opinion that there is a negligible difference between high quality lossy format and lossless. Well, I have ambient music playing in the background for 8 hours a day, focus music. And, when it's lossy, even if I don't listen to it, it's just playing, it feels like there's some sonic inpurity going on, my ears get fatigued, it's like getting small amounts of sand in the eyes all the time. And during active listening, try, for example, 80s pop hits - the difference is day and night. They didn't compress instruments and vocals so aggressively back then, everything was analogue subtle, and algorythmic chopping of lossy process just kills all these subtleties. 

Spotify offers unparalleled music discovery and playlists, but what's the use of it, if I can't enjoy it in full quality. So, will check again, in 3 months. 

knightmare007

A good idea 3 years ago....still hasn't happened...wth.....lets just all cancel our service on a specific day and see how quick they roll out the feature.  🙂

PEACEFUL PROTEST!  lol

cl2solutions

Spotify's "Top Ideas" now by default filters to only show ideas in the past 30 days.  Speechless....  You have people who truly care about a great music experience and truly appreciate music, your core business, yet you choose to prolong that even further.  And if the answer is, because not enough people have shown interest, then you're shooting yourself in the foot.  You only get rewarded if you take a risk.  It's called Risk + Reward, and you even have 20,000+ people telling you to do it.  The 2nd greatest number of votes out of all ideas here.  Stop keeping people blind to what is truly capable of technology.  I hope Amazon Music HD scales so quick it becomes more of a competitor to you than Tidal +  Apple Music.

Good time to leave... Deezer is offering 3 months of hifi for free... just saying 😉