Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Music] HiFi Quality - Lossless Streaming 16bit 44.1khz

I've just started a trial of Qobuz - they offer the standard 320kbps as well as lossless FLAC streaming (and high res downloads if you purchase them) the sound quality is noticeably better and on classical it's just wonderful to get all that resolution through your hi-fi or headphones! The catalogue has a way to go to get to Spotify's level, but they are getting there. The iPad app isn't' too bad (the desktop app is in need of an upgrade but I hear they are putting all their efforts into mobile apps right now).

So - lossless streaming - if Qobuz can do it then so can Spotify, they must have the same source - and obviously if you are asking £20 a month then those record labels and distributors take enough notice to make the high res tracks available for streaming. What this all means is soon, very soon, we will get lossless streaming and closely followed by high res downloads - but if Spotify aren't careful it will be Apple who get there first with an audiophile premium offering, and when they do it will be a much harder market place to make money in!

Updated on 2022-01-07

Hey folks,

We know that HiFi quality audio is important to you. We feel the same, and we’re excited to deliver a Spotify HiFi experience to Premium users in the future. But we don’t have timing details to share yet.

We will of course update you here when we can.

Take care.

Comments
Liamzz

If Spotify were to implement at least cd quality I would have no reason to even consider switching to another service. (Besides wanting artists to be paid more) 

If Tidal, Qobuz and EVEN deezer are implementing HIFI, PRESUMABLY Spotify (the largest player in the market) would be able to implement it..

MorganKoh

I've just tried TIDAL with its Master Quality Authenticated (MQA) and I didn't know what I am missing until now.
It's just a shame that I love Spotify so much, in terms of the songs selections.

Would definitely pay more to have the same audio fidelity for what TIDAL is offering!

K3S3M

I’m subscribed to Spotify and tidal and Spotify is a joke compared to the quality on tidal I wish I would just get used to tidal I’ll stop my subscription here.

Audioplayer

@K3S3M

Actually that Spotify vs Tidal sound quality isn’t enough of a dig at Spotify as Tidal’s quality is a rip-off to the consumer. Qobuz is the way to go for good sound quality if it is available in your jurisdiction. Amazon HD could be but isn’t due to it’s incapability to properly output bit perfect to a users dac. Deezer unfortunately also currently has the same flaw as Amazon HD. 

Feaugst

I really like Spotify, the Discovery Algorithm is excellent but a Hi-Fi option wouldn't kill the biggest music streaming company in the World. I know this is apparently something that will never happen specially because their numbers keep getting bigger regarding new users paid and free so they don't see a reason to implement this, but anyway I will let registered my support for the idea. Maybe one day they will attend our request.

Zero0Cool

"Once they reach potential necessary ammount if votes" . Lol😞 how many are that? And how many years do you need for this to be activated permanently?

lejakou

23 K vote and no update ...

i will wait for the end of my 3 month tidal offer and then cancel my Spotify account I will use Xmas holiday to move my playlist and then bye bye Spotify poor quality and hello qobuz or tidal 

I really love the interface and recommandations but more fed up with the quality....

jdohn15

please bring flac to spotify, i am heavily debating switching over to tidal. i want to stay with spotify just because i have for a very long time. but now that you can just willy nilly transfer songs across platforms im really questioning why i am staying with spotify. bring lossless and flac please... 

rouge4ever

I'm trying Amazon HD and Deezer HIFI, sound quality is much better and the price is reasonable. Spotify has the best interface app but is limited to 320kbps, and the difference in sound terms is noticeable. Deezer and Amazon have much clearer and richer sound, deep bass and crisp high tones and that's the way I love listening music to (not 'compressed'). So, please consider improving to lossless stream or you are losing our family subscription in a couple of months 😉

dsranawake

I totally agree - it would be great to have a lossless streaming option. Spotify does indeed have the best app / music ecosystem and this is a glaring hole in its offering. I have a feeling that if Spotify ignores this area / rolls lossless out too late they will have lost customers to potential platforms and struggle to get them back. At the moment the only barrier to using a service like Tidal for me is the fact that their 'tidal connect' remote experience sucks but this is something I hear they are actively working on. Once this is complete it will be a strong incentive to switch - I love quality music. I'm completely loath to do this as I love Spotify. Please please - roll out lossless. Happy to pay extra Spotify 🙂