Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Music] HiFi Quality - Lossless Streaming 16bit 44.1khz

I've just started a trial of Qobuz - they offer the standard 320kbps as well as lossless FLAC streaming (and high res downloads if you purchase them) the sound quality is noticeably better and on classical it's just wonderful to get all that resolution through your hi-fi or headphones! The catalogue has a way to go to get to Spotify's level, but they are getting there. The iPad app isn't' too bad (the desktop app is in need of an upgrade but I hear they are putting all their efforts into mobile apps right now).

So - lossless streaming - if Qobuz can do it then so can Spotify, they must have the same source - and obviously if you are asking £20 a month then those record labels and distributors take enough notice to make the high res tracks available for streaming. What this all means is soon, very soon, we will get lossless streaming and closely followed by high res downloads - but if Spotify aren't careful it will be Apple who get there first with an audiophile premium offering, and when they do it will be a much harder market place to make money in!

Updated on 2022-01-07

Hey folks,

We know that HiFi quality audio is important to you. We feel the same, and we’re excited to deliver a Spotify HiFi experience to Premium users in the future. But we don’t have timing details to share yet.

We will of course update you here when we can.

Take care.

Comments
chefboyct

Please add me to. Your hifi list for streaming. I love your service and it is my first month. But I would love to test the sound on my new sonus faber speakers set up after replacing my b&w speakers setup. Thanks 

michpe1111

Today I have started a 30 days trial at Tidal and my first impressions is that the sound quality is really good compared to Spotify. 

So now I have also stopped my Spotify Premium account, and I don't think it will be reconsiedered before Spotify offers lossless streaming.

The price is double however it seems to be worth.

chefboyct

@michpe1111 wrote:

Today I have started a 30 days trial at Tidal and my first impressions is that the sound quality is really good compared to Spotify. 

So now I have also stopped my Spotify Premium account, and I don't think it will be reconsiedered before Spotify offers lossless streaming.

The price is double however it seems to be worth.

The issue is that Spotify has so many ways to connect and tidal is limited. I tried to login with kodi plug in and doesn't accept my username and password so I stayed as trial. I use Linux and push all my sound to my marantz. And I also have Sony ps3 so the connection is limitless. Unfortunately unless I upgrade to another more expensive or newer amp or av receiver I don't think I will continue the membership with Tidal. As much as I like the lossless audio idea on my new sonus faber but it is just not practical at the moment .. 

-eepv_iyxaod

What's the deal Spotify ?
Years and years have passed, Media streaming has become even better soon 8K video streaming. Yet... Spotify rains in the dark ages. The so caledl " Premium Quality " doesn’t cut it. . People buy expensive headphones. Install Hi Hi car audio, play music on premium sound devices. Over again people have written to you requesting Spotify to support REAL Hi FI At the time of posting you have turned a deaf ear.  If this was another product and the users needs wasn't taken into account the company would go bust. Though Spotify appears to have the upper hand that can change in an instant. What bugs me you have changed your TOC to block ALL ad-blockers and terminate users accounts, thus generating more revenue. Surly you can use the extra revenue to build a FULL Hi Hi streaming service, We are not all tide to our mobiles whist at home. Spoity if you don't change a new competitor will change the streaming service forever, Change or lose. Its up to you.

redpathba

Hi Spotify,

It sounds like you've got a really squeaky wheel here... In fact, as I write this, there are 12,294 squeaks voting for this idea, as you can see by my screenshot. Are you going to give the wheel some grease, or are you going to let it wheel fall off and crash the car that was leading the race? I think it's time to give your paying customers some meaningful information and timelines for your plans to uprade your streaming, or not.

Screenshot_2019-02-09-16-13-09.png

michpe1111
So fare I have used apple air from ipod to Marantz receiver ad it works
perfect.
Soundquality

Spotify is not interested in offering a cd quality streaming tier. 

They are more interested in podcasts as their recent acquistions reveal. 

Don't waste yuor time asking Spotify, the most anti-customer business I have ever seen . 

Not kidding either. 

Soundquality

Spotify will only do lossless streaming if Apple does it. Its as simple as that. 

They are a follower not a leader. 

It must be too expensive to do , otherwise thay would be all over it. 

Jackster3

This idea has been sitting here for the past 5 years and it's one of the most voted topic. Yet there's still zero progress being made about it. Spotify is a joke, they never listen to their customers.

Same thing happened to lyrics feature and many more great ideas. 

Sound quality is the only reason i'm switching to Tidal, my only regret is that I didn't do it sooner.

chefboyct

@Jackster3 wrote:

This idea has been sitting here for the past 5 years and it's one of the most voted topic. Yet there's still zero progress being made about it. Spotify is a joke, they never listen to their customers.

Same thing happened to lyrics feature and many more great ideas. 

Sound quality is the only reason i'm switching to Tidal, my only regret is that I didn't do it sooner.

I totally agree with you mate. I loved their curated list but now since I imported the playlis tto Tidal and Tidal has now also generated a few interesting playlists for me. The only downside with Tidal is that it is more difficult (and not as graphical) using BubbleuPNP to connect and play on my Marantz (and I have decent set up at home). And with Spotify it is so easy to connect and also using Shazam to import the songs you like. Spotify is really silly not to utilize their current set up and advantage to take on other music streaming players!

Very very silly indeed.