Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Music] HiFi Quality - Lossless Streaming 16bit 44.1khz

I've just started a trial of Qobuz - they offer the standard 320kbps as well as lossless FLAC streaming (and high res downloads if you purchase them) the sound quality is noticeably better and on classical it's just wonderful to get all that resolution through your hi-fi or headphones! The catalogue has a way to go to get to Spotify's level, but they are getting there. The iPad app isn't' too bad (the desktop app is in need of an upgrade but I hear they are putting all their efforts into mobile apps right now).

So - lossless streaming - if Qobuz can do it then so can Spotify, they must have the same source - and obviously if you are asking £20 a month then those record labels and distributors take enough notice to make the high res tracks available for streaming. What this all means is soon, very soon, we will get lossless streaming and closely followed by high res downloads - but if Spotify aren't careful it will be Apple who get there first with an audiophile premium offering, and when they do it will be a much harder market place to make money in!

Updated on 2022-01-07

Hey folks,

We know that HiFi quality audio is important to you. We feel the same, and we’re excited to deliver a Spotify HiFi experience to Premium users in the future. But we don’t have timing details to share yet.

We will of course update you here when we can.

Take care.

Comments
alexwakeman

Hi, 

I'm now switching to Tidal from Spotify, as they have better quality audio and virtually the same catalogue. I would rather not switch but I can't avoid it. I have invested in high quality audio gear and there is a significant and discernible difference between these two competitors. I'd happily pay a premium for better audio quality. 

gloptical

Dear all,

As many have pointed out, Spotify does not react in spite of hundreds of pages of posts over several years. Personally I wrote to the customer service email, which is office@spotify.com  (same address for all countries). They kindly replied, as I imagine they have instructions to reply to all emails, they thanked me for the suggestions and indicated that I could post it here. I replied, thanked them in turn for the attention and reply, and I explained that I was not suggesting a new idea, as the idea was pretty old by now, but I was rather asking for an answer to the question, when is lossless Spotify happening? 

I invite you all to contact the customer service directly. My next email to them will be to cancel my membership and let them know that I will be happy to subscribe again when a lossless/hi res option becomes available. 

bzero
To all who want lossless/hi res Spotify subscription: Just understand and
accept that despite 100 of pages of people wanting it, Spotify does not
care, because that group of people who want it is maybe 0.0001% of all
Spotify consumers.

So just stay Spotify subscribers and hope, that this group will reach 10%,
then maybe Spotify will do something.

bgbruno

I think it's also because they didn't advertise it, so nobody know about that possibility - and that huge difference in sound - so I think 10% it can be without a problem

Feras1996

Dezzer HiFi is the solution guys. And it’s working on IOS and Android. 

kowalskigregor

Returning to the topic, I must admit that the application in the Graris version BubbleUPnP works great, tidal through it clearly has better quality than spotify connect ... it really starts to put me in front of serious reflection and wondering if after 4 months free tidal hifi should not give up spotify premium ...

Spotify is more practical in the aspects, but I copy the hole under my feet, so to speak ... how can you do nothing to be able to give your clients quality FLAC ... I do not understand this, not even any information on their forum for several years, nothing .

dmeents

I desperately want this.

PaulMac

I also emailed office@spotify.com stating that in order to keep my family subscription active I would need lossless music and a bigger library to be made available. They replied to say there were no immediate plans for either of these options but they are the sort of things that are often discussed with their partners.

So thats it for me. I've cancelled my subscription and I'm off to Amazon HD unlimited. I really hope Spotify will introduce these features at some stage so that I can rejoin Spotify. Good luck everyone 🙂 

childofthesun

I'm thinking of cancelling my Spotify account to switch to Tidal for the lossless sound quality. I play my stream through a hifi system.

Samppa3

I might go to other services, I have been here from the start of Spotify but now it seems that competition is getting harder. The whole lossless-thing has been asked for years and so it unfornately seems that Spotify doesn't care.

Some say that lossless is placebo, well I can tell that if you have good stereo-system and great speakers, then when you test some services, albums (on cd and lp) then you will atleast start to realize how real the sound quality and it's change is. Its not placebo but real thing. I think Spotify has nicely working algorithm for recommendations, but as I pretty much know anything I need of the past, current and upcoming releases I can surely watch and look for anything interesting. So..Im pretty sure Spotify will lose this game eventually, there's some other services with better sound quality and also they have some artists/bands that haven't allowed their material to be put on Spotify at all, due to the poor payments.

My current subscription is about to due to expire at the end of the month and I might aswell go elsewhere.