Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Music] HiFi Quality - Lossless Streaming 16bit 44.1khz

I've just started a trial of Qobuz - they offer the standard 320kbps as well as lossless FLAC streaming (and high res downloads if you purchase them) the sound quality is noticeably better and on classical it's just wonderful to get all that resolution through your hi-fi or headphones! The catalogue has a way to go to get to Spotify's level, but they are getting there. The iPad app isn't' too bad (the desktop app is in need of an upgrade but I hear they are putting all their efforts into mobile apps right now).

So - lossless streaming - if Qobuz can do it then so can Spotify, they must have the same source - and obviously if you are asking £20 a month then those record labels and distributors take enough notice to make the high res tracks available for streaming. What this all means is soon, very soon, we will get lossless streaming and closely followed by high res downloads - but if Spotify aren't careful it will be Apple who get there first with an audiophile premium offering, and when they do it will be a much harder market place to make money in!

Updated on 2022-01-07

Hey folks,

We know that HiFi quality audio is important to you. We feel the same, and we’re excited to deliver a Spotify HiFi experience to Premium users in the future. But we don’t have timing details to share yet.

We will of course update you here when we can.

Take care.

Comments
PaulMac

It seems pretty clear that Spotify are **bleep**-bent on taking the service in a new direction - away from music and more towards podcasts.

Thats bad news for those of us who want to see music related improvements such as high res streaming or a bigger library. In short, no matter how much we ask for these things they are simply not on Spotifys radar.

The only thing that just might change this is people leaving in sufficient numbers to join other services. I recently swapped to Amazon Music and though its not perfect in terms of the user interface it beats Spotify hands-down on audio quality and doesn't have the ridiculous cap on the number of songs I can save. So no regrets at all. For anyone interested in trying other services there are fantastic offers from Amazon, Deezer and Tidal. There's always the option to come back to Spotify if they ever get their sh*t together! 

wbearden1237

<meta charset="UTF-8" />

I'm with you, but desperately seeking an easy way to copy playlists from Spotify into Amazon, other than manually rebuilding each playlist song by song. Thanks!

hans-jürgen
wbearden1237
Thanks! I'll check it out.

Blueshound24

@wbearden1237

One I used was 'freeyourmusic', formerly 'Stamp'

https://freeyourmusic.com/

Atkins

It’s too late for CD quality, I’m looking for master quality now XD

gloptical

Hello there! I created a Facebook group to lobby Spotify into launching a lossless / High Res audio option! Anyone care to join? Thanks!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/550783109079038/members/

HARCICSIGA

It is 2020, unlimited data plans. Much smaller providers have HIFI quality but Spotify does not care about its customers, and only offers up to 320kbs MP3.... Such a joke and I am fed up after waiting for 3 years now for a HIFI plan... Time for me to bring my money elsewhere such as Deezer or Tidal. 

Remember: Spotify does not use mp3... They provide music using ogg/vorbis.
That's why it sounds so bad.
Hi lucasdeters, could you please share the source of that information?
(Spotify using Ogg/Vorbis)