Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Music] HiFi Quality - Lossless Streaming 16bit 44.1khz

I've just started a trial of Qobuz - they offer the standard 320kbps as well as lossless FLAC streaming (and high res downloads if you purchase them) the sound quality is noticeably better and on classical it's just wonderful to get all that resolution through your hi-fi or headphones! The catalogue has a way to go to get to Spotify's level, but they are getting there. The iPad app isn't' too bad (the desktop app is in need of an upgrade but I hear they are putting all their efforts into mobile apps right now).

So - lossless streaming - if Qobuz can do it then so can Spotify, they must have the same source - and obviously if you are asking £20 a month then those record labels and distributors take enough notice to make the high res tracks available for streaming. What this all means is soon, very soon, we will get lossless streaming and closely followed by high res downloads - but if Spotify aren't careful it will be Apple who get there first with an audiophile premium offering, and when they do it will be a much harder market place to make money in!

Updated on 2022-01-07

Hey folks,

We know that HiFi quality audio is important to you. We feel the same, and we’re excited to deliver a Spotify HiFi experience to Premium users in the future. But we don’t have timing details to share yet.

We will of course update you here when we can.

Take care.

Comments
Audioplayer

Wish I would receive the survey so I can fill it out!

supergeek

https://www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/amazon-music-partners-with-universal-warner-to-exclusively-of...

Amazon is really pushing toward hi-res music and is promoting a lot through socials, Spotify seriously needs to add it because a lot of people are beginning to wonder why Spotify doesn't have all of this.

growler1970

I'm finding it difficult to believe that after the first requests for lossless (or even high-def 24bit) streaming over 4 years ago there appears to be no movement on this from the Spotify team.

I've just signed-up for a trial on Amazon music, as a large amount of their catalogue is hi-fi quality.

In all other respects I like Spotify, but after many years of being a happy Spotify customer I may end up having to defect to Amazon if Spotify have no intention of offering a hi-def service in the near future.

Please, please, please can we have Hi-def spotify?

DAYtoy
Hello,

see this very good news from SPOTIFY:

" Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out. We understand that you're interested about having
some HiFi options to your streaming music. Don't worry, we'd be able to
shed some light on this.

We can assure you that we're always looking for ways to bring the best
possible listening experience and deals to our customers.If you've already
voted for it on our ideas board then that's awesome. Others can then vote
on it or add to the conversation to show their support.

Be sure to keep an eye on the idea’s status on the Community. "

trying to understand what is the timeline 😉
JorgeW52

Last topic update in 2017 ...

EerilyBlack

@DAYtoy I'm sorry, this is (almost) the same default nothing-saying response I got a year ago. Doesn't mean anything. I wonder if this is even a human response. Might just be automated. And yes, I've been 'sure to keep an eye on the idea’s status on the Community'. Nothing new. No update since 2017.

DAYtoy
You are completely right

while as was asking about the timeline, here is the answer I got:

" Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Furthermore, we routinely conduct consumer surveys. Some of those surveys
end up informing our user experience and others serve only as an important
learning. We don’t have anything further to share at this time.

If there’s anything else we can help with, please don’t hesitate to get
back in touch.

All the best,

Uriel

Spotify Customer Support "

this is VERY confusing !
PaulMac

@DAYtoy - I'm afraid these are just the standard stock replies issued by customer support that don't really mean anything.

Yes you are free to contribute your opinion to any of the ideas boards and interact with many other customers. Sadly the one guarantee is that you WONT be interacting with anyone from Spotify who take no active role.

Rim4

unsubbed.

bsmit0123

Just gonna add my hope for a lossless option with spotify soon.  I would pay more for it. 

I think lossless audio streaming is just a matter of time as internet speeds and device storage capacity continue to increase and cost continues to decline.  When is the time?  I'm sure spotify has considered this and has done the math($)  I wonder at what point do they consider the cost/benefit ratio to be favorable?