Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Music] HiFi Quality - Lossless Streaming 16bit 44.1khz

I've just started a trial of Qobuz - they offer the standard 320kbps as well as lossless FLAC streaming (and high res downloads if you purchase them) the sound quality is noticeably better and on classical it's just wonderful to get all that resolution through your hi-fi or headphones! The catalogue has a way to go to get to Spotify's level, but they are getting there. The iPad app isn't' too bad (the desktop app is in need of an upgrade but I hear they are putting all their efforts into mobile apps right now).

So - lossless streaming - if Qobuz can do it then so can Spotify, they must have the same source - and obviously if you are asking £20 a month then those record labels and distributors take enough notice to make the high res tracks available for streaming. What this all means is soon, very soon, we will get lossless streaming and closely followed by high res downloads - but if Spotify aren't careful it will be Apple who get there first with an audiophile premium offering, and when they do it will be a much harder market place to make money in!

Updated on 2022-01-07

Hey folks,

We know that HiFi quality audio is important to you. We feel the same, and we’re excited to deliver a Spotify HiFi experience to Premium users in the future. But we don’t have timing details to share yet.

We will of course update you here when we can.

Take care.

Comments
rastaman2000

@H7p3ri0n Newbie: "Are you wondering why I am posting this? Well just because Spotify moderator asked me to..."

Do they pay to you for that? Or do they provide you with a Premium account for free, at least?

Or do YOU WORK for them FOR FREE?

😂

rastaman2000

@H7p3ri0n Newbie

Codec FOR YOU: G.711.1
Converter FOR YOU: G711 File Converter

😜
rastaman2000

@H7p3ri0n Newbie listens in wireless MONO for $200.

His confession.

His "sound system".

No wonder he cannot distinguish LOSSLESS from LOSSY. 🙉

dereklo

@H7p3ri0n 

"most audiophiles who are using 100k$ gear are listening to phonograms, which are inferior to low quality 128kbps MP3 when it comes to noise ratio, distortion, frequency bandwidth and dynamics. So I understand why Spotify ignore this small minority of potential customers. 

There's no point in asking more white than white, and it's fair and honest from Spotify to keep providing the greatest possible fidelity at the right price without falling into the audiophiles extremes and marketing myths."

while many could share your point that lossless codec offers little audible advantage over 320k modern codes for most listeners (at least very debatable advantage), you also pointed out in your message that many audiophiles prefers to listen to phonograms with inferior technical measurements than modern digital music formats.  the main problem of spotify is not listening to its customers. instead of responding to customer's need, they believed they're so smart that customers should follow their great teaching on how to enjoy music, which is totally a personal preference matter!  that's a strong sign of a business going downhill . . . 

Blueshound24

Aha, it all becomes clear now. You are a shill for Spotify!

Now that we know you are either working for Spotify or are on their favor list, each one of your previous, precious "facts" are null and void. 

And you listen with crappy mass produced "no highs, no lows - Bose" dreck. You might as well listen with a clock radio. And mono?! LOL! 

No wonder you can't tell the difference between Lossless and MP3! 

@H7p3ri0n Newbie, "Are you wondering why I am posting this? Well just because Spotify moderator asked me to..."

Blueshound24

Wow! This comment tells me all I need to know about your knowledge of high-end audio! LOL!

@H7p3ri0n newbie, "most audiophiles who are using 100k$ gear are listening to phonograms, which are inferior to low quality 128kbps MP3 when it comes to noise ratio, distortion, frequency bandwidth and dynamics." 

cl2solutions

Phonograms huh??  Let me introduce you to Wilson Audio.... One of many speaker brands that do not build phonograms...

https://www.wilsonaudio.com/products/wamm/wamm-master-chronosonic

PaulMac

@H7p3ri0n Newbie, "Are you wondering why I am posting this? Well just because Spotify moderator asked me to..."

Incredible! 

Will you please go away. This thread is for users who have already decided they want "HiFi Quality - Lossless Streaming 16bit 44.1khz". The clue is in the title! It's NOT a place for you to hijack to discuss your biased technical opinions. 

Geepstar

Dear Spotify. It is 2020 and almost 2021 now... STILL NO LOSSLESS. Have you LOSSLEST your mind? So, I am quitting to DEEZER. #BYE

jo9001

So H7p3r0n your trying to tell all of us who can hear a difference in sound quality between Tidal and Spotify that we are imagining it? My answer to that question is there is a huge differance.  When I discover an album I like, I always like to buy a hard copy of that album as I like the physical side to owning music. I then put said music CD i bought on to a hard drive drive in FLAC format so I can stream it. I use a bluesound node 2i, the signal then goes to external DAC which in turn then goes to my pre amp. Just to add I also run Spotify and tidal through the same set up. When comparing both Spotify, Tidal and my original copy Tidal is very very close in sound quality to the original cd on the hard drive with very little sound quality lost in fact I would say its very much like for like in sound quality, where as when I compare Spotify to my cd version of the same album the sound is from Spotify is very flat and uninvolving. As an experiment I have then compared Spotify to an mp3 copy i saved on the hard drive of the same album i played on spotify and I would say that the sound quality when comparing both are very similar.