Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Music] HiFi Quality - Lossless Streaming 16bit 44.1khz

I've just started a trial of Qobuz - they offer the standard 320kbps as well as lossless FLAC streaming (and high res downloads if you purchase them) the sound quality is noticeably better and on classical it's just wonderful to get all that resolution through your hi-fi or headphones! The catalogue has a way to go to get to Spotify's level, but they are getting there. The iPad app isn't' too bad (the desktop app is in need of an upgrade but I hear they are putting all their efforts into mobile apps right now).

So - lossless streaming - if Qobuz can do it then so can Spotify, they must have the same source - and obviously if you are asking £20 a month then those record labels and distributors take enough notice to make the high res tracks available for streaming. What this all means is soon, very soon, we will get lossless streaming and closely followed by high res downloads - but if Spotify aren't careful it will be Apple who get there first with an audiophile premium offering, and when they do it will be a much harder market place to make money in!

Updated on 2022-01-07

Hey folks,

We know that HiFi quality audio is important to you. We feel the same, and we’re excited to deliver a Spotify HiFi experience to Premium users in the future. But we don’t have timing details to share yet.

We will of course update you here when we can.

Take care.

Comments
zombiekiller567
I would transfer to amazon hd, but they dont have playlist folders, no
public api, and there is really no easy way to transfer my playlists to
amazon hd from spotify. I most certainly will be leaving spotify after my
student discount because this is ridiculous but not sure what to yet
petsy48
I just signed up for Amazon HD. Just click on my music and it will allow
you to create a playlist. I've been at Tidal for a year and a half after
being on Spotify for 10 years, whenever they started up in Canada. I
actually think I'm going to drop Tidal.
Beekie

Spotify is going to loose the streaming battle with the others quite soon, if they don't do anything with lossless.

I find it really opportunistic they're not listening to us, the people that helped Spotify build as what it is now. I also know that a lot of tv broadcasting services offer Spotify Premium for free, that's how they got so many members and are not worried about the on and off questions and complaints regarding lossless.

Spotify, you really need to step up your game and start listening to us, the Premium members. Add lossless for a couple of bucks and keep us informed about the progress regarding this, otherwise the guys of Qobuz, Amazon and Tidal will win this battle and you will loose loads of members. Please guys, keep in mind, the no.1 importancy is streaming quality, not a flashy UI.

pavelratushnyi

I switched from Apple Music to Spotify several months ago (when it became available in Ukraine). But there is a huge difference in sound quality even between Apple Music and Spotify (not in favour of Spotify). I really like the app experience and the algorithms Spotify uses for making recommendations, but I will go back to Apple Music or try another services like Deezer, Amazon HD or Tidal for better music quality if Spotify doesn't improve sound quality (I am okay to pay extra couple of bucks for this). Fortunately, we have a plenty of services now to choose from. For me, sound quality is not less important than other aspects of using the music streaming service.

nutcasey

Still nothing after all this time?

Nathan251000

Sadly no answer. Will have to move to another streaming service with better audioquality😒 

6 years of spotify....

Lololaroche

I tried Amazon HD and it definitely sounds better. However I found their app to be unreliable and missed the curated auto playlists. But at some point they’ll sort it and unless SP gets it together and offers HD they’ll be losing a lot if customers.

Liamzz

man, the day they add at least cd quality I will be so happy.

stanisdanny

Yes, please! If I am paying a service for music, it'd be only awesome having it offering me lossless streaming. I really hope this suggestion goes forward.

mikolaj_sedek

I hope that Spotify will consider adding hi-res tracks to its catalog, music quality was the only reason I chose Tidal, with good headphones there is a huge, noticeable difference between Spotify and Tidal Masters ...