[Music] HiFi Quality: Master Quality Authenticated Lossless Streaming (MQA)

I'm a proud Spotify Premium subscriber. Also a proud audiophile with a sound system to die for. Please Spotify, Please Please Please give the world lossless streaming through your vast catalogue and music-loving community service. The MQA (Master Quality Authenticated) idea is an option the world should have. It has the potential to stream high-quality audio without hiccups or burps to everyone! Please Please Please make the audio world a better place!

Updated on 2018-12-12

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
dmanzalay

Spotify please offers a high resolution music. Thanks

adispotify

It will be great to have CD lossless and/or MQA streaming support from Spotify. Tidal + Bluesound(or any good DAC) sound way more superior to Spotify 320 kbps + same setup. I keep going back to Tidal for better enjoying my music and sound system. Then I come back to spotify for better interface,  software and music catalog. My current plan is to stay with spotify during the warm months when I don't stay home listening on my sound system but spend more time outside with headphones and bluetooth speakers. Then switch back to Tidal during the winter months :)
Please consider offering lossless streaming and/or MQA. 

Dalmatian11

Totally 100% agree, if you don’t do it I’m off to Tidal👍

Nick

Adoteq

I would love to see this too.

Just one question, what about prepaid memberships? Can they also be upgraded when Spotify Hifi Comes out?

pep_-dau40n7i

Now that Tidal is in the streaming market, Spotify should develop a hi-fi streaming option for the high end audio fans. We need that service. Please do it.

Nelson Diaz

Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2018-12-12

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

hauxon

Allright, Spotify is not planning on improving sound quality with MQA. 

The question remains if Spotify will continue to serve degraded audio to it's paying customes.  In the times of streaming video we know bandwidth isn't a real problem for audio, so what's the reason for Spotify serving sub par audio quality?  

I as many here in the community have asked for better quality audio for years.   It's amazing that in 2019 we have to settle for less audio quality than the CD audio that was introduced in the early eighties. A time where the personal computer didn't have a color monitor, the cell phone  didn't exist or even the internet. It's a statement of small ambitions or even none at all.  :/

..and why cant I put the words

and cell phone in the same paragraph? 

djmlondon

Hey folks.

There are alternatives for us.

I’m currently exploring Qobuz and Tidal. It’s such a relief not having to compromise on quality when listening to music through really good equipment. I’ve almost decided which to go with.   

I’m Swedish and brought up in an environment where quality is highly regarded. But Spotify is an embarrassment for us swedes. I’ve now accepted it and will move on in due course. 

HenrikStevn
Gig Goer

Being Swedish, you've also been brought up with the idea of lagom.

Spotify's codec and quality is lagom. Is it good enough to be 100% indistinguishable from CD quality to the human ear, without wasting bandwidth. If you are hearing any difference, it is due to mastering, not the codec.

Quboz and Tidal waste bandwidth for no reason, and charging their customers a premium for it.

djmlondon
Lagom? No thanks.
We all got different relationships to music and different expectations about sound reproduction.
Lagom is simply not enough for me, and for many others too for that reason.