[Music] Option to disable Videos in curated Playlists

Videos are a great media, however they should not be included in curated playlists. It is distracting to listeners that drive with Spotify, or put it on in the background at work. Also, are these videos downloaded when users make a playlist available offline? If yes, this may take up too much space. If no, this will eat data without an option to avoid them.

Updated on 2019-01-24

Hi everyone! Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange. While we don't have plans for disabling video content in playlists, we're marking this as a 'Good Idea'. Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify and they're aware of the votes around this idea. If there are any updates on disabling videos in playlists we'll let you know here, thanks!

Related Ideas

Comments
sugaryt37

Spotify trying to EAT MY DATA!!!

Ih8autoVideos

Just gonna cancel spotify subscription, since I jsut need to make playlists myself

CosmicDude7

**bleep** yeah! Don’t invade my personal space or distract driving or flash inapproproate **bleep** that I don’t need my teenage son seeing! 

Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it

Updated on 2018-02-07

Hi everyone! Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange. While we don't have plans for disabling video content in playlists, we're marking this as a 'Good Idea'. Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify and they're aware of the votes around this idea. If there are any updates on disabling videos in playlists we'll let you know here, thanks!

RedEnt

"Thanks for bringing us your feedback but we're earning a lot of money displaying fullscreen ads to paying users and have no plans on changing it"

janssenmichaeld
Casual Listener
In other words “We hear you, we just don’t care..”
laciccone

To add to the conversation, this signficiantly slows down my computer so I have to stop using Spotify while at work, which is the main reason I have a Premium account. If I wanted to watch videos all day, I'd have a YouTube Red account. Please do more research before adding bloat features that totally destroy someones ability to work normally while having music play.

Will consider cancelling because it's not worth it for me in terms of price per month + lost productivity while at work.

Such **bleep**.

totesmcgoats

Translation: they don't give a s**t and you can go f**k yourself. What's the point of any of this "Idea" bulls**t if you don't bother to change one simple freaking thing?!

tony_hunt

This is my second post in here...

It's so funny. They resonded to my tweet some time ago as well. Still nothing. This is so frickin idiotic. You know a while back, Real Networks did something similar, and felt they could just ignore their customers, until it came out that their product was recording all activity, and they lost almost their entire market penetration. You guys are starting to seem very similar. 

Please allow paying members to choose their content, before they switch to Google ;) who lets us choose our content for free...

Chillaxlol

This needs to be reconsidered. My playlist consistently gets interrupted with a message “cannot play video” and I have to pull out my  phone to continue. This feature is defective and users need to be able to disable it as an option. We’re not you’re beta testers.