[Music] Option to disable Videos in curated Playlists

Videos are a great media, however they should not be included in curated playlists. It is distracting to listeners that drive with Spotify, or put it on in the background at work. Also, are these videos downloaded when users make a playlist available offline? If yes, this may take up too much space. If no, this will eat data without an option to avoid them.

Comments
spgdajs95emyfl9

Why are you tracking this thread if you're not going to do anything about it? Spotify doesn't care about you, your time, or your data. They just want your money. Have some self respect and stop paying them to waste your time and eat your data. Just quit already. 

fossilsol
Casual Listener

I just want to be able to view what is up next but can’t because of stupid video playing.

Rock Star 13
Rock Star 13

That would be helpful, especially when videos are not available in that region :)

thom3380
Casual Listener

Please have the option to disable the videos. Tremendously annoying experience.

Rockgrodan

I hate these videos. Never asked for this and it's INSANE that it's not possible to disable them!? Over 4000 votes on an almost 2 year old idea. Spotify, wake up! 👊

emmancarlrubin

I agree. The videos are very annoying. I am considering finding another "MUSIC" app without the videos. If i want to see videos, i would go to youtube. Why do the executives in Spotify are so dumb? If they keep insisting these album art videos then people will not anymore use spotify. We want audio ONLY and not video. And dont entertain the slightest idea to compete with vevo or youtube because u will just fail. Dont try hard to be a video media. You know what happened to Apple Maps when they tried to shoved to people their maps instead of the tried and tested reliable Google Maps? The Apple Maps went to the drain! You making plans for future video services are just dugging your own grave. Do you seriously think you can compete with Youtube trying to force us with that Artist uploaded video album art? Even a regular 9-year old have more common sense than you are.

dickripp
Speak with your wallet, not your lips and fingers. Loss of revenue and their user base is the only thing that Spotify will understand. I left two years ago and haven't looked back. Amazon music is a great alternative, even though I don't want to make Jeff Bezos any richer. He's just smarter than everyone else at the moment.
tmock12
Casual Listener

I also started using Amazon Music and have been impressed. The alternatives didn't have great Mac apps (which I use all day at work) and I didn't want to leave a tab open on my browser. Amazon Music Mac app is great. The Amazon music suggestion engine has also greatly improved. The audio quality also sounds better to my untrained ear... I miss Spotify but the Videos stopping my music from playing (not available in your region error) was killing my productivity and workflow :( 

@dickripp wrote:
Speak with your wallet, not your lips and fingers. Loss of revenue and their user base is the only thing that Spotify will understand. I left two years ago and haven't looked back. Amazon music is a great alternative, even though I don't want to make Jeff Bezos any richer. He's just smarter than everyone else at the moment.

dickripp
Listen up people. What Spotify has done to us is an age old trick called, "The bait and switch." We'll get you through the door and give all of this seemingly good and revolutionary product and get you all comfortable and in love with one thing, and then switch it up on you without your consent or knowledge. Spotify Premium is "supposed to be" an "ad-free" experience. Well guess what people? If something plays that you didn't ask Spotify to play, that's called an "advertisement." Wake up people! Spotify is double dipping! There are charging you for an ad-free experience and then showing you ads. We have to come together as a community and start a "Class Action Lawsuit" to sue the**bleep** out of Spotify for breach of contract. We can bring**bleep** to a halt in a heartbeat if we come together as a community.