[Music] Option to disable Videos in curated Playlists

Videos are a great media, however they should not be included in curated playlists. It is distracting to listeners that drive with Spotify, or put it on in the background at work. Also, are these videos downloaded when users make a playlist available offline? If yes, this may take up too much space. If no, this will eat data without an option to avoid them.

Updated on 2019-01-24

Hi everyone! Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange. While we don't have plans for disabling video content in playlists, we're marking this as a 'Good Idea'. Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify and they're aware of the votes around this idea. If there are any updates on disabling videos in playlists we'll let you know here, thanks!

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Marked as new idea.

mwascher

I almost got in a wreck yesterday trying to get RapCaviar to play... It was trying to play a music video, which kept pausing when I locked my phone.

dickripp

I agree with this poster.  I would not have updated my Spotify if knew Sotify was going to cram videos down my throat while I'm trying to listen to my music.  It totally kills the mood and the vibe.  Especially if you're working out or trying to do something when you are into the music.  Spotify needs to change this setting as soon as possible or I will be cancelling my subscription.  I don't want to listen to any solicitation when I'm paying.  Thank you.

GBough

Will be switching to Apple Music because of this. 

spityf

This is fine, but there needs to be an option to disable it.

Sojeffro2009

I will be canceling my subscription with Spotify

YorkHowardInc

There should definitely be an option to disable all playback of this nature. Also, the volume for video playback needs to be normalized; currently, video playback plays audio at a much higher volume.

Dockurtis-us

Rap caviar is great. With premium subscription, we should not have to listen to these videos, as the idea of our paid subscription is an ad- free experience.  I now find myself needing to fast-forward through these videos when really I would like rap caviar to play music continuously, without me needing to actively manage the flow. Kindly give us the option to opt out of these extra videos on rap caviar so we can have the option for a strictly music playlist. Thank you.

dickripp

Come on Spotify!  Pull your thumbs out of your **bleep**!  Did you test market this idea to cram unsolicited videos into the music playlists to paying customers?  This was a bonehead idea, and you can tell the CEO I said so.  This is an advertisement!  If you play something unsolicited to me, that's called an advertisement.  This is a total breach of contract.  All of the paying customers should start a class action lawsuit.  I want my money back for every month since you implemented this **bleep** head move.  Step up, or step down Spotify!

Sturmie
Regular

I agree with the other comments here...there should be a way to disable videos.  I've been avoiding Rap Caviar (one of my favorite playlists) lately because of this.