[Music] Option to disable Videos in curated Playlists

Videos are a great media, however they should not be included in curated playlists. It is distracting to listeners that drive with Spotify, or put it on in the background at work. Also, are these videos downloaded when users make a playlist available offline? If yes, this may take up too much space. If no, this will eat data without an option to avoid them.

Updated on 2019-01-24

Hi everyone! Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange. While we don't have plans for disabling video content in playlists, we're marking this as a 'Good Idea'. Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify and they're aware of the votes around this idea. If there are any updates on disabling videos in playlists we'll let you know here, thanks!

Comments
jonnyoliver

Disgusting that videos in any form are being forced on users. I downloaded a playlist using my mobile data and was shocked that multiple videos had been downloaded too. Shame on Spotify. 

Crash76

if you click on "data saver" on your phone (Android) or toggle the cellular data to the off position on iPhone, no videos will pop up..... I just discovered this.

R17

With me you can turn off the video.

phonakins

Yes, this is making my weekly recommendations etc so bandwidth heavy! Think of us poor Aussies with terrible internet!

Air_Bear

Good news!! I just updated to the newest version (android) and looks like they added a toggle for this god-aweful feature in the settings. It's called "Canvas" and you can finally disable it! I guess I will be keeping Spotify...for now.

JohnKurtz1

This is ridiculous. I'm not paying to be charged for going over data usage because of spotify. I remember the days when spotify was simple and functional and the sharing feature was better. Now videos I don't want to see pop up on an app I just want to listen to music to #overbearingspotify #makespotifysimple

guillemsola
Casual Listener

The most funny thing is Videos are in some Spotify lists but Spotify it is not a video platform as it is not possible look for videos.

johnka
Gig Goer

https://www.reddit.com/r/spotify/comments/aegzaq/spotify_just_added_a_toggle_to_disable_the_canvas/

If you cannot see the setting it MAY help to reinstall fresh (I think it was then it appeared for me).

How difficult is this to understand? The videos are eating up data and battery on mobile and causing the phone to waste energy and my patience! TURN THEM OFF!! this is not just a good idea, it is a requirement for someone paying premium rates for music who doesn't want any of your other "good ideas" delivered to me against my wishes and wasting my attention.  Please and thanks- or it's off to take another look at the newly revised apple music.

PaulMac
Roadie

Good to see this now seems to be sorted.