Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Personal Rating of Music

It would be awesome if it was possible to give a personal rating to your songs and albums (and artists), and then sort them after it in your playlists.

Hope to see it in the future, it shouldn't even be that hard. 

Thank you!

Updated on 2018-10-02

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're marking this idea as 'Not Right Now' again for the time being, as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
Melody
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2018-10-02

Hey folks,

We're marking this idea as 'Not Right Now' again for the time being, as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

atava

Sure... like they've ever put any serious thought into this.
Even if half the community wanted a rating functionality they would set it
to "Not Right Now", either because of pressure from the music industry or
because they just don't care.
Developers nowadays either can't envision the best features for their
software when they have the chance to, or they're just gutless,
money-driven employees for some major corporation.
I really miss the 90s.

Anyway, thank you for taking the time to write a few lines.
Sorry for the rant, and see you everybody.

bzero

@Melody: I'm active in this idea community since years and I never saw that any idea has actually been implemented. I seriously doubt that this community has any influence on the Spotify Product...

Can you please show me a page (URL) where all implemented ideas are listed, including the date when idea has been submitted and by when it has been implemented? thanks.

mrfart

@Melody wrote:

Updated on 2018-10-02

Hey folks,

Thanks for the copy/paste reply 🙂
I share bzero's skepticism, in that I doubt spotify implements few, if any, real ideas people are asking for.

Spotify keeps recommending me playlists with music I have little interest in and are clearly big hits ( even my personal 'your summer rewind' playlist was 90%  golden oldies that I played exactly once, at a party for my dad, which wasn't even during summer). 

Whether this is because so many people listen to it, that the algorithms push it onto even more people, widening the gap between small-big artists. Or if it really is record companies paying extra for this, I have no idea.

Meanwhile the tracks I really like I usually forget about or can't find anymore, and the personal rating system would be one easy tool to keep some order in a library, and help spotify figure out what I like. If, you know, wanted to.

oliver07

I think this was the same comment we received one or two years ago.
I would love to say thank you for taking your time to get back to us but. Looking when we posted it and how many people have ask for it. Why not just say this will not happen so you at least do not have to respond anymore. Moreover it might be even closer to the truth. 

sansrien

How can this be so difficult? Didn't you go to the stock exchange? Didn't you get some millions to invest in making your service more user-friendly? Rate music (or whatever) with stars has already been invented. It's a simple database. Ask your Silicon Valley colleagues how to do it. 

IngerG

Spotify, your lack of interest in reasonable requests for things that are basic standard features in other media players is shockingly arrogant. 

The minute there is an alternative service that is more interested in providing what their customers what, you've lost a probable lifetime subscriber to your service. 

bialyikar

I am also waiting to add this functionality. It would be very convenient for users and for Spotify, improving options "👍👎".

markstuartwalke

Using the Spotify API i added this feature to my application. There are 5 special rating playlists (very long).  When a song is rated it gets added to one of these playlists. When editing playlists you can see what rating each song is rated. Any song that is rated is added to my library. 

CybranM

This is one of two major features I miss from my old music player (MediaMonkey), being able to "like" a song and give it 3 stars but its not one of the best songs which would have 5 stars. Makes it a lot easier to find your absolute favourite songs without needing to constantly update a manually created playlist.