Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Personal Rating of Music

It would be awesome if it was possible to give a personal rating to your songs and albums (and artists), and then sort them after it in your playlists.

Hope to see it in the future, it shouldn't even be that hard. 

Thank you!

Updated on 2018-10-02

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're marking this idea as 'Not Right Now' again for the time being, as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
dRuEFFECT

how is this not a thing yet?

my company just gifted me a year of spotify premium, and I'm still not completely sold on Spotify in general because of the lack of a personal rating system.... i can never remember songs by name, so keeping record of how much i like songs is critical

i know i can make a 5 star playlist, but what if i want to look at 5 star tracks in one genre but not another.... i'd have to create star rating playlists for each genre I listen to.... come ooooooooon.

smigglewoff

This soulds like what netflix does. I love how netflix does that, and how it could say what it thinks i'm going to think of the song, not just the popularity of it.

Smiffsta

I actually came on here to post thing kind of thing... I just heard an awful version of Stand By Me that I never ever want to hear again and there was no way to show my distate for it (i wasn't using radio - i was browsing versions of this song for inspiration for my own cover). Would be good if there was some kind of community rating too, but not certain on that because I like Spotify to show me things I may not have heard before rather than only popular songs. 

kikilala

As a premium users for several months, I can't believe this feature is not implemented yet despite massive support and countless duplicated/similar ideas.

The ability to rate song should be one of the essential components when designing a music player.

There are millions of songs in Spotify, and thousands are being added every day. A rating system would help user keeps track of the songs he has listened. Are you seriously asking us to remember all the song's name?

Furthermore, it helps us filter songs we don't like in a massive playlist and the progress. Imagine a scenario where you revisit an old, long playlist that you saved/subscribed several months ago, and that you have not completed listening to all the songs contained within. Now imagine the annoying feeling that you have forgotten what was your progress, which songs did I last listen to, which songs I hated, which songs I loved, and which songs require few more times of listening before you decide to save/like it? Yes, the feeling sucks.

I tell you this, whoever first makes this feature a reality would set himself apart from the competion, be it Google Music, Apple or Grooveshark

Jihilian

Spotify developers please implement this function. This can help us user make playlists, the descover function to work even better, the app developers to use this function too.

C'mon it's so simple, basic. It's a MUST !!!

Please ...

DanzelTOF

WTF guys! Spotify Team what's the use of this topic if you do jack about it? How could this option be a big implementation, please explain yourself?

Hideaki

Seems to me that it needs more Kudos before they wanna do anything about it..?

So I guess you should share this with your friends if you think it's worth it 🙂

spines

I am seriously debating whether it's worth keeping Spotify without this feature. Now that "starred" tracks are no longer displayed, I'm finding it to be much less useful.

jairosoares

I really wish they would implement this. I think it's gonna take some time unfortunately. 

SpencerCongdon

This is the sort of thing that is keeping me from doing the full switch from iTunes. It feels absurd to have to listen to a song over an over again for Spotify to understand that I enjoy the song. Not only that, but scraping just the stuff that is the absolute best is a hand-by-hand sort of thing right now. In iTunes I can easily see everything I've rated 4-5 stars and organize from there, generate from playlists, etc.

As it stands Spotify is great for accessing a breadth of music and discovering new stuff, but saving (which has started) and organizing a library of personal favourite music is stuff that will get me away from iTunes and get my subscription money.