Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Personal Rating of Music

It would be awesome if it was possible to give a personal rating to your songs and albums (and artists), and then sort them after it in your playlists.

Hope to see it in the future, it shouldn't even be that hard. 

Thank you!

Updated on 2018-10-02

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're marking this idea as 'Not Right Now' again for the time being, as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
Webern

I would kill for this feature. Basically the only organizational tool we have is playlists. Giving tracks 0-5 stars would be sooooooo useful.

aminya

What is the satus as of May2019? 

This feature is essential for heavy duty listeners, which rate their songs 

I won't leave my favourite player with 5 star rating untill Spotify implements this.

staarklite

pathetic.   they just told me they consider any suggestions with over 100 votes... but there no point in me resubmitting this if has been here since 2012 and you still cant take a day to **bleep**ing code a personal rating system... the **bleep** is wrong with you.   thats like... the number 1 thing in organizing music...   shame. 

Headphones72

Sounds great! This would REALLY help make Spotify even more user-friendly and personalized if implemented.

Teradactol

Another missing feature for organizing your saved music.

This is one of the main reasons I'm still not using Spotify as my main music player app.

(still using MusicBee and Rocket Player for now)

I just use Spotify to discover new music. It's a real pity that we can't have the best of both worlds though!

zenDroid

this feature would be wonderful to have. I made a post about this as well but was notified that it is a duplicate. My thought would be to add a pop up layer to the like button and allow you to choose a star rating.

Spotify Star Rating.jpg

nick4931

Yeeeeeessssss Pleeeeeaase Spotify!!! Do it! I'll go premium if you do this one thing, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

aminya

After 8 years, the feature is not even considered! How many votes do you need to add this?

florismrfart
Spotify is never gonna implement this.
They don't even want to bother implementing a correct and balanced payment
system for the artists because it's too much of an accounting hassle.
Keeping extra data for each listener is not in their best interest; They
want you to give up and listen to what their algorithms serve you.
I would move to another platform, but it's the same with deezer.
kjbaumga

I've been on here a long time.    I can tell you that the lack of this feature has had clear results in my case:   I've listened to Spotify far, far less often than I otherwise would.     My home player (AIMP) has a library a fraction the size of yours, but the ratings make it far easier to figure out if a given song is (1) one I've listened to before, and  (2) one I liked a lot, or thought was just okay.      When I see that 4 or 5 star rating, I get excited and engaged -- that's what you're giving up by not having the feature:   user excitement and engagement.

With Spotify, a "heart" just tells me the song is "not bad, but not necessarily really good, either".     No "heart" means "either this was just okay, or it was bad -- or you've never even listened to it."     What a mess that is!     Far easier to go with a player that tracks this information.    (Meaning ALL of the good players out there, and almost all of the bad ones, too.)   If listening to AIMP, and my modest library, means giving up the gigantic Spotify library, then in practice, I've consistently chosen to do that for a period of years.    I don't say this in anger -- I'm just reporting one user's experience with your program.

I listen to Spotify and enjoy it.    But my home player, IN PRACTICE, has been my choice about 7 times out of 8 for the past 4-5 years, and the inability to rate songs is a major reason for this.