[Music] Record Label Linking

I think it would be really useful if when you're viewing an album and see the label information listed at the bottom you could click on that and link to other releases from that label. It would be great if they were in chronological order too so you could see their new releases and how the label has evloved and expanded. There are some similar ideas about this that have been closed but it would be really nice to reopen the topic, especially for smaller/indie labels who really curate their releases. 

Updated on 2018-07-21

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Comments
Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-07-21

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22

Hey @mackenziewerner

Be sure to check lbl.fm

It may be of your liking. :)

dom_1080

Surely this would be fairly straightforward to implement, and received unanimously well by user and label, is there some reason this wouldn't be good for Spotify financially? Can't see any reason not to go for it and it's been requested for about 6 years now. Make it a premium feature and use it lure in anyone remotely into electronic music. 

BradAcord
Music Fan

Yes please

fengtianshu

Agree!!!

Trogdor23

I support this idea, which Spotify can surely see has more than 100 votes collectively, even if it is not in their arbitrary one year window. Music appreciation almost always extends to record labels, as again is evidenced by the many 'record label playlists' people have created for others to enjoy. I, for one, love the Factory Records universe and have supported LTM Recordings over the years... and I'd love to follow LTM the way I follow the artists they represent.

sutton808303

Why the f**k would they remove the label search? As if having the Discover / New Releases tab constantly dissapearing wasnt bad enough. Do Spotify know how peoplesearch for and find new music? Your BOTS requests are useless.

markfarry

I've been trying to manage my own label discography playlists and its just too much work. Let us search by label! Give labels credit for their curation of sound, they earned it!

sailormchues

This is a really cool idea!

sutton808303

The record lable data is already pulling in and displayed at the bottom of the album. It really wouldnt be much work to turn this into a link.