Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Shuffle by Album

Simple enough concept:  Shuffle by albums instead of by tracks, for those of us who prefer full-album listening.

Should function at least within playlists and the play queue.  Perhaps it could also work in radio mode.

Updated on 2019-10-27

Hey folks,
We really appreciate so many of you coming to the Community, adding your votes and comments to this idea!
We're keeping this idea at 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. 
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks.

Comments

I want this so bad, I'm currently recreating playlists once I've finished listening to all albums so I can get a random album after each, even though I know what's next because I made the playlist.

itsadequate

I'd be very keen on having a shuffle by album option

Best wishes,

Malcolm

JuustMeKB

Will this ever be implemented?

PhilipLucas

The global shuffle feature is MADDENING!!  I was sure there was some simple setting I was missing to turn it off (who would ever want that??). But no. It's the software not me that is stupid. Please shut off the global shuffle feature. Shuffle should not penetrate from one playlist to another. Also your help search is the absolute worst I have EVER encountered. It's bad. Every single search for "shuffle" had absolutely toss all to do with shuffle.

docvalentine

Acknowledged as a good idea in 2013 and still not implemented?

I like Spotify but I don't think I'll be paying for it until the player is a lot more mature. This feature is essential for me.

samsamoa

I end up needing to just scroll through my playlists and pick an album at random.  Wish this feature would be implemented.

boudewijndanser

Yeah! More features for "album listening people" vs "song listening people" would be nice!

einnocent

I can't do this? And it's 2015? I'm giving serious thought to cancelling my subscription.

docvalentine
I cancelled mine, for this reason : )

samsamoa

I just learned that Apple Music has this feature.  Hooray!  Once they have an Android version (it's in beta right now), I'm planning on switching.  It's actually that important.