Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Shuffle by Album

Simple enough concept:  Shuffle by albums instead of by tracks, for those of us who prefer full-album listening.

Should function at least within playlists and the play queue.  Perhaps it could also work in radio mode.

Updated on 2019-10-27

Hey folks,
We really appreciate so many of you coming to the Community, adding your votes and comments to this idea!
We're keeping this idea at 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. 
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks.

Comments
swanpdonkey

The community team did not explain Why they are not  implementing this. This is a fantastic Idea. It must have somrthing to do with the fact albums are long playing. I think they may want to discourage this for commercial reasons. 

johanedin1

Jag saknar denna funktion som aldrig förut! Jag har äntligen sortera ut egna spellistor som jag vill blanda när jag lyssnar själv och med sällskap! snälla fixa denna funktion.

Sorry for my english...

/Jed

docvalentine
there's no reason they couldn't insert ads if they wanted in between
tracks, and allow premium users to use this feature unmolested

the only reason i can imagine for not including this feature is that they
don't want my money specifically
pukaman

Please make an album shuffle. Your reason not to is not enough. These are the kind of simple ideas that you better do after you raise millions (or billions?) of dollars in your IPO. If you don't, you will get eaten by your competitors. Please listen to the users. And investors.

Amanda-

Why is Spotify becoming more like Pandora? It used to shuffle the music within the album and not from random artist unless all the music were played. That's not a good feature and people might as well listen to pandora since the shuffles are more similar to the artist. Changing that will keep your fans who can't do the premium. 

chrismh95

Dear Spotify,

What is the point of having this community board for your PAYING customers only to ignore their basic requests. Invest in your software development. Invest in your company. Do right by your customers. I know many people first hand with this preferred listening method, and this thread makes it very apparent so many others share that preference. 

I spend 5 minutes each evening queuing up my sleep album "playlist" to ease my insomnia. I like to listen to similar genres but not always in the same order. Artists put tracks in order for a reason. While blatantly ignoring customer requests, you're doing a serious disservice to artists and listeners everywhere 

-Disappointed customer 

docvalentine
i mean i am not a paying customer anymore because the service is useless to
me without this feature
you could call me a potential customer but at this point even if they did
implement it i wouldn't be in a hurry to return after they took years to
implement a trivially easy feature
JoelVerkaik

Commenting to lend my support behind this idea. For listeners of classical music especially this would be a really great option for playlists with many albums. (Classification of classical and pre-20th century music in general sucks, please help us; make it easier to search for and listen to it.)

Spritzido

Not having this makes it really annoying to shuffle through albums of classical music.

Pieces get split into movements that get represented as different tracks on an album. To listen to a whole piece while in shuffle is impossible. Classical playlists end up being unshufflable because of this... 

StefanTorges

I'm sorry to see that you are prioritizing playlists even *at the expense* of albums. This is just unnecessary.