Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Shuffle by Album

Simple enough concept:  Shuffle by albums instead of by tracks, for those of us who prefer full-album listening.

Should function at least within playlists and the play queue.  Perhaps it could also work in radio mode.

Updated on 2019-10-27

Hey folks,
We really appreciate so many of you coming to the Community, adding your votes and comments to this idea!
We're keeping this idea at 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. 
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks.

Comments
d1023

Just do it - makes sense as many artists want us to go on a journey through a full album.

marianobegue

Please reconsider doing this. It's so simple and would improve the experience of a small but committed group of users by a lot.

pbee

So I downgraded from Premium when I lost my student pricing and I'm not purchasing Premium again until shuffle by album is in Spotify.

davepalms

Such a simple thing to add that there's just no reason not to, double tap the shuffle button, pleeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaase add it pleaaaase x 

chrismh95

Spotify come on! 616 people have voted on this. That's just the people who found this thread, who knows how many are longing for this feature. Pretty sure I commented a long time ago but this is an essential feature for any music aficionado.

You're doing an extreme disservice to artists by not having this feature. Just one more thing that's pushing me away from Spotify. Try going for customer satisfaction instead of expanding. I'm pretty close to canceling my subscription. 

Hi, I got so fed up with not having this feature I decided to implement it myself.

I listen a lot on the Android mobile app, so I made another app that can retrieve your saved albums and make the Spotify app play a random one on command.

I have been using it myself for quite a while now and decided other people may benefit from it also. So today I have put it up on the app-store. It's pretty basic, but it works for me.

I am not sure if it is okay to post links here, but here it is:

Random Album for Spotify

nirrattner

This is certainly not the first attempt, nor will it be the last, but here's my (very simple) web-based integration designed to fill this gap in functionality:

https://nirrattner.github.io/ShuffleAlbum/

jonaspas

@nirrattner this is really cool! Thank you 🙂

bjdprivate

Thanks so much @nirrattner - Best solution Yet!!

Pixel7

Are there actually ideas that spotify don't mark as not right now? everytime I'm on here it's always the**bleep** - a very popular idea that spotify shuts down because they just don't care