Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Shuffle by Album

Simple enough concept:  Shuffle by albums instead of by tracks, for those of us who prefer full-album listening.

Should function at least within playlists and the play queue.  Perhaps it could also work in radio mode.

Updated on 2019-10-27

Hey folks,
We really appreciate so many of you coming to the Community, adding your votes and comments to this idea!
We're keeping this idea at 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. 
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks.

Comments
adyry

THIS WAS THERE FOR SOME TIME AND AT SOME POINT IN 2019 UPDATES IT GOT REMOVED. HOW SUCH IMPORTANT FEATURE CAN BE MISSING? TO **bleep** WITH LIKED SONGS, I DON'T WANT TO LOVE EVERY SINGLE TRACK ON EACH ALBUM.

chrissaril

Yes please! This needs to happen! I listen to mostly classical music, and the longer movements are often tracked in 2- to 3-minute chunks. I don't want to listen to the playlist in the same order every time, but it's VERY unsatisfying to only listen to fragments of movements.

I want to listen to a whole symphony or concerto at a time, but want the pieces to shuffle.

Whether it's by album, or whether you could "link" tracks together so that even in shuffle mode, track 123 always leads to track 124.

shnrmn

Such a basic music player function should be a priority. The lack of control on Spotify is terrible.

JNsmith

The most basic feature of any media player removed and then not seen as a priority to put back.... I have a massive album collection and I wont be dragging them all to playlists as some poor work around. I just ended my Apple music subscription to move over to Spotify and I'm heading right back to Apple.

docvalentine
i just paid a one time fee of $100 for a 256gb sd card and now i can listen
to my music on my phone however i want

Wattoson
Does Apple music have album shuffle? I'll jump right over there with you! I
can only find Shuttle player that this works with but its not as user
friendly as these streaming services, hard to believe haha
nkornelis

I can't believe they haven't added this yet.  I proposed it myself, and they shot it down there as well.  Is seems like this would take very little programming time.  Perhaps the UI design is the issue.  

Wattoson
Yeah I know, I mean we pay for the service so surely even if it was a week
of their time they could put it in. Or if they explained why they wouldn't.
The_Dude88

This would be my most used feature. Surely it won't be all that difficult to implement.

I have a feeling it doesn't fit in with their business model, as they push the playlist and discovery features so much and feel that this might detract. Please Spotify, support our listening habits.

nkornelis

If anyone knows of a music streaming service that has this feature, I would be happy to give them my money.