Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Shuffle by Album

Simple enough concept:  Shuffle by albums instead of by tracks, for those of us who prefer full-album listening.

Should function at least within playlists and the play queue.  Perhaps it could also work in radio mode.

Updated on 2019-10-27

Hey folks,
We really appreciate so many of you coming to the Community, adding your votes and comments to this idea!
We're keeping this idea at 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. 
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks.

Comments
rkyllo

This feature and a method of eliminating tracks repeating too frequently in radio/shuffle are the two things that will ultimately determine which streaming service I stay with.

tipar

I only play this option on iTunes si I am totally on in implementing this idea.

I can't believe it's been three years and they still haven't implemented this basic functionality.

samsamoa

Just switched to Apple Music and so happy to have this feature again!

bjdprivate

This request has been open since 2012. This is textbook customer service of the bad variety. Is there a reason this cannot be implemented? If there is,  explain it; if there isn't, do it.  Spotify, you are running on start up momentum at the moment but the competitors are lining up, and it's time you started listening to your loyal customers and implementing changes more quickly.

Much love for most things, especially your treatment of artists, but this!!

gsaz

I'm all about this!

It's 2016. This must be a joke.

vhaaren

The whole queue and how things are added to it and then shuffled is so bad in Spotify.  I don't understand why they have tried to re-invent something that every other media 'player' out there can easily do.  Hell, I could put 5 cd's in my cd player and hit shuffle back in 1988.  Why can't I do this in 2016 on Spotify???   Absolutley mind boggling how screwed up the player in Spotify is.

Hey folks, we're just jumping in to say this idea is still active and still has the 'Good idea' status. Please continue to add your kudos and comments here if you like this idea! We'll ignore you, but it'll make you feel better!

Suriima
I need this Shuffle by Albums too please Spotify, sooon