Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Shuffle by Album

Simple enough concept:  Shuffle by albums instead of by tracks, for those of us who prefer full-album listening.

Should function at least within playlists and the play queue.  Perhaps it could also work in radio mode.

Updated on 2019-10-27

Hey folks,
We really appreciate so many of you coming to the Community, adding your votes and comments to this idea!
We're keeping this idea at 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. 
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks.

Comments
tvalentine15

it makes me want to download again via itunes bc a simple shuffle and i am going through all my songs, while on spotify its only within the albums or i have to star everything.... 

EGON
Alarm clock function.
shearme

Excuse my language, but gahd dammit Spotify. This was suggested OVER A YEAR AGO and is common funcionality in many music playing apps - why have you not implemented this?

I'm thinking for switching to another service soely to have this feature for myself, by the way. 😐

miles_351
Please implement this, that way I'll have no need for an additional media player.
yamham63

Why haven't they responded yet? This is clearly a good idea and doesn't seem like it'd be too hard to implement. 

ma_trix
Indeed, how is it possible that this issue hasn't been solved (implemented) yet! Or even simply answered with some predictions of implementation.
redbluepolice

definitely need this

Schnitzelspecht

bump!

implement it already!

Lea

Make this happen already!

glassFractals

Checking in again almost 2 years after posting this. Doesn't seem like there's been any acknowledgement yet. I would really like to at least see a response along the lines of "we're aware of this, and might consider it someday."

Full albums are continuing to grow in popularity. More concept albums are being released by artists. Heck, even vinyl is making a comeback. Gapless playback is supported these days on Spotify. I have 50 playlists of different groupings of albums that I can't shuffle.

Any love for this suggestion, Spotify?