Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Stop Playback after a Track

I hate to stop the music in the middle of a track, so i would love some way to make Spotify stop playback after the current track.

Right now I can simulate the desired behaviour by right-clicking an empty playlist, (that i have created for this purpose only) and selecting "Choose as Current Playlist" and making sure that the play queue is empty. While this is a nice workaround, I think that it would make sense to include a real "Stop Playback After Current Track"-function in Spotify.

Update (2015-02-01):

The previously suggested workaround doesn't even work any more as Rapti has pointed out in a comment. At one point it could even make Spotify crash completely.

I would like to point out that a saner, more flexible queuing system could allow even finer control over when to stop playing. Thus people who like this idea might also like:

Updated on 2021-07-19

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this function is now available on mobile devices via the Sleep Timer feature. It can be activated through the moon icon directly in the Now Playing View of podcasts, or through the three dot menu in the Now Playing view of songs. 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
KidAtArt_

One button, so simple. Hellllloooo????

adlawson

I would love to see this implemented. I have some long playlists and sometimes I would like it to stop playing after a certain song, without having to press pause at the right time. Perhaps as a third option, "Stop Playlist" after "Repeat 1" and "Repeat All".

I used to do a workaround: When searching for a song in a playlist, it would limit the number of songs "Now Playing" and stop when the song ended. But I think a recent update killed that feature. Now it continues to play my entire playlist whether I am in search mode or not. 😞

Edsouza

Please fix this. It's stupid that I pay for Spotify but end up playing music on YouTube because at least they don't have this issue.

Saxiin

Why does it stop playing after every f****ng track i play? Getting frustrated, trying to listen to some good music when im sleeping on the bus but i need to unlock my phone and open spotify to make it play another track....

kbroich
Think that's unrelated to the topic discussed here. Never heard of that
issue before tbh.
tomasrw

Come on. Please make this happen.

Wideblue

Hey, I'm not sure if my issue belongs here, but this is where I was directed by issue thread protocols: after an album or playlist plays the last song, the playback automatically converts to radio and continues playing until I manually end it. How do I stop that from happening please? Thanks!

Thebiglab

Yes please do this! I think a lot of musicophiles are a bit OCD about stopping a song in the middle and it bugs me so much to hear just the opening note of the next song. All I wanna do is stop after this one song without having to hover in the app for 30 seconds. Thanks for being responsive  to the idea Spotify and letting us know that you're listening! That is so cool!

LifeWulf

A bit ridiculous that this idea has been around for, what, five years now? And it's still nowhere to be found...

Olds777

It would be great to be able to play a single podcast then have it stop. Also a sleep timer for playing music as you fall asleep