Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Stop Playback after a Track

I hate to stop the music in the middle of a track, so i would love some way to make Spotify stop playback after the current track.

Right now I can simulate the desired behaviour by right-clicking an empty playlist, (that i have created for this purpose only) and selecting "Choose as Current Playlist" and making sure that the play queue is empty. While this is a nice workaround, I think that it would make sense to include a real "Stop Playback After Current Track"-function in Spotify.

Update (2015-02-01):

The previously suggested workaround doesn't even work any more as Rapti has pointed out in a comment. At one point it could even make Spotify crash completely.

I would like to point out that a saner, more flexible queuing system could allow even finer control over when to stop playing. Thus people who like this idea might also like:

Updated on 2021-07-19

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this function is now available on mobile devices via the Sleep Timer feature. It can be activated through the moon icon directly in the Now Playing View of podcasts, or through the three dot menu in the Now Playing view of songs. 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
m1haun

Wold be great to implement this feature! Literally missing it every day! 

Use cases: 

* Stop some activity when song ends. Trigger-like. 

* Listen the song (e.g. long one) when going to sleep. Will not be able to stop when already sleeping 😉

* Will not te able to touch phone in the next several minutes (e.g. washing dishes), but don't want to listen music any more after the song ends

* Would like to sit in silence several minutes before next song, but want to listen current

* On the party someone else will put a playlist, but after current song ends

* etc..

So, this will be a really hopeful one!

Wait to be implemented soon 🙂

whedin

Please implementera this functionining, I want it every day.

whedin

* Please implement this functionining, as I want it every workday.

Jerald1

Why is this not a feature yet?

lotsoft

It's crazy that this isn't available.  How long could this possibility take to implement (1 story point? small t-shirt size?)?  I just want to stop after the current song, like Winamp, for instance.

akeller15

I would love this feature! I got used to it in Winamp, and it is really usefull!

Please continue this project.

NinaAbroad

I like to play a meditation track (10mins runtime) as I fall asleep but just as I'm dozing off another track will follow until I get up and stop it. Kinda defeats the purpose. Would really love a one track only option. Surely it's not so hard to add the option to the repeat track/continuous play buttons?? 

cperrine

Stupid workaround #586

1. Go to Play Queue

2. Select all songs and 'Remove'

3. Go to Preferences, Turn off Autoplay

LifeWulf

Unfortunately, that workaround only works on desktop, and only if you have shuffle turned off. Mobile users are out of luck.

nigeljthomasuk

Please allow just ONE song to be played if preferred. It can be something we can 'opt in/out' of in settings, but would be really helpful.