Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Stop Playback after a Track

I hate to stop the music in the middle of a track, so i would love some way to make Spotify stop playback after the current track.

Right now I can simulate the desired behaviour by right-clicking an empty playlist, (that i have created for this purpose only) and selecting "Choose as Current Playlist" and making sure that the play queue is empty. While this is a nice workaround, I think that it would make sense to include a real "Stop Playback After Current Track"-function in Spotify.

Update (2015-02-01):

The previously suggested workaround doesn't even work any more as Rapti has pointed out in a comment. At one point it could even make Spotify crash completely.

I would like to point out that a saner, more flexible queuing system could allow even finer control over when to stop playing. Thus people who like this idea might also like:

Updated on 2021-07-19

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this function is now available on mobile devices via the Sleep Timer feature. It can be activated through the moon icon directly in the Now Playing View of podcasts, or through the three dot menu in the Now Playing view of songs. 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
Dagni

Thank you so much JanEras!

I had to look around a bit to find the menus you described. But yeah, they are there! How stupid is that!

For those who couldn't find like me; the first menu is: when you tap on the playing song's title at the bottom, you see the album picture. On that screen tap the three dots on top right.

The second menu is; go to your library, then tap your playlist, then tap the three dots on top right. This doesn't work on the now playing list.

erinlee0103

@user-removed  THANK YOU! The fact that this exists at all is GREAT news. The sleep timer feature with it's multiple options is good for those who are using Spotify to fall asleep. The end after current track is especially good for podcasts. It seems like they're trying to make their app more podcast-friendly, which is nice.

Spotify take note, this isn't easy to find or use yet. I can't remember ever tapping on the current song on my app before and only did so now to try and find this sleep timer feature. It should be a playback or playlist option, not just a sleep timer option. But it's a start, so for that thank you. 

Kitly

Imagine you're a dj at a party and you're mixing in tracks from spotify along with vinyl and CDs. I'd really love a mode where Spotify stops after every track so I can concentrate on mixing in the vinyl or CD without having to worry about stopping Spotify. An inelegant workaround is having a local file of 30 seconds of silence that I put between the tracks I'm playing at the party, but I shouldn't have to go to all that effort for something so simple.

huskynomore

Tap on three dots -> Sleep timer -> End of track. Done.

Neutrix

if you're on mobile, you can use sleep timer and select end of track.

fourtwo

we need that end of track sleep timer on desktop

Cs30

This would be extremely helpful.

Spaceshipper2

"Stop at the end of the currently playing track" is good... but what would be way more useful is "Stop after the next X tracks", where "X" is a number that the user could easily specify.

Thanks!

lemonzap

A way to do this that makes sense to me is apply this to a long press of the pause button. Final result for pause button functionality would be tap for instant pause, long press for pause after this track. 

jseimons

Hi there,

I am a user of the desktop client.

Right-click on Play Button ->  Stop Playback After Current Track (Or add a subtle option on the bottom toolbar).

This is a small feature that I am sorely missing.

Thanks,