Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Tag Music

It'd be awesome to be able to add my own tags to all of my songs in playlists, so I can easily and specifically sort my songs how I like.

Should be a pretty simple tool to implement.

Thanks

Updated on 2018-10-05

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
Charmwah

Self organisation of music should be a given. One thing Spotify perpetuates by its layout is lots of older saved music can be forgotten about. Having a way for the user to file or filter the music the way that best suits them would mean that more of the music in my library would get aired and allow me to discover some forgotten classics!

tak-bal8s1_k

Can we have a feature where each song can have some tags.

For example, a pop song from the 90's can have (90's, Pop music, Car rides,  Shower, Mood booster, etc.).

Each song should have default tags to help users explore more, but each user can add his own tags to his music so he can filter them faster.

Like for example, if I want to listen to some music that entertains my car ride, I would just select the "Car Rides" tag from my filters which brings up a playlist of all the songs I previously labeled as "Car Rides".

The other benefit is when I'm searching, for example on blues music, I don't have to find a playlist that someone created about blues. I just find all the songs that have the blues tag attached to them, then I create my own playlist.

Iristheiris214

This is exactly the same as the idea I was about to offer. They should apply these kinds of tag-based personalized playlist system!

Heredia1

Hi

reginabalma

I was just coming here to suggest some sort of organizational functionality for playlists. It's actively hindering my ability to use the app efficiently, since all we get are three pinned playlist options, and I'd like to have more ways to not lose my content in the mix. 

bpbpbp

I would use this for a shared playlist, to track mutual favourites.

SXAVWX

JFYI. As it looks like Spotify will implement this feature for a, let's say 'healthy' premium price, being part of a package called Spotify Platinum. Seemingly, this also includes high resolution audio and finally useful metadata. A web-search might tell you more..

After telling people for years, that this feature is not interesting 😉

HeadAcheEe

I'm joining the others : I would really love to add tags (any) to my songs/albums ! Such a shame that Spotify doesn't tell us for years, why it's not possible !

Let's keep faith !

senjadon

Song tags would be such an amazing feature and so easy to implement. This idea has been open for 10 years, not closed but also not implemented. How much longer will you make us wait?

BenVDV

Would love to see this implemented. I don't want to add songs to 50 different playlists but instead have fuller playlists that I can filter by my own custom tags, so that I can choose to listen to the whole playlist or just part (e.g a Soundtracks playlist that I can filter by my own custom 'Upbeat' or 'Slow', 'Voice' or 'Instrumental', etc.