Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Tag Music

It'd be awesome to be able to add my own tags to all of my songs in playlists, so I can easily and specifically sort my songs how I like.

Should be a pretty simple tool to implement.

Thanks

Updated on 2018-10-05

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
okkero

This would be really, really nice to have. I could very easily pick a very specific filter based on who I'm with listening to music at any given time, or my current mood. Hope to see it implemented soon.

rachael-

I don't think tagging should replace playlists. I enjoy the playlist function. However, I think that it would be nice to have a function of tagging songs and playlists on both levels. That way playlists can stay organized as well.

rossisdead

A tagging system would be an amazing and powerful way of organizing our favorite music in addition the playlists/saved songs system we currently have. I have a handful of playlists I keep that are based on mood/genre, but sometimes songs fit in multiple of those and having to keep adding them to different playlists can be a bit cumbersome. It'd be great to be able to tag a song as "ambient", "indie", "80s", "electronic" and then later be able to say "Hey Spotify, play all my ambient 80s songs".

curlyfry555

This idea was introduced in 2012...

Hoping to have an update by now. It's a useful feature that would be used by many.

tartiges

I use my account to play music I personally listen to but also use my account to play music when I teach yoga. It would be great if I could seperate these two uses. If I could have one area for all my yoga music. It also would be nice if my yoga music didnt influence my music suggestions as much as they do. 

yosoyrad

Tags are SO much more versatile than playlists when "deejaying" with Spotify or selecting music on the fly.  It would certainly increase my engagement with the app.

JessJiggs

hi again!

similar but different...again.
When creating your own playlists (or adding to a collaborative one) Is it possible to have something that says "this song appears in X Playlist"or "X, Y, Z playlist". I know if you're going to duplicate a song in 1 playlist- you get a warning. But can you see what other playlists the song you're about to add already exists in (I mean of your own playlists not the whole world)?

Thanks! 🙂
Also I couldn't find an easy place to post a new idea. Did I miss this? Do we have to mail support?

fzzz

This would be incredibly useful. Using playlists to sort out songs based on topic, mood, genre, era, etc. is just too cumbersome and results in so many playlists that it's impossible to find anything. Plus if you want to categorize a song multiple ways, you have to add it over and over to different lists (e.g., Breakup Songs, Indie Accoustic, Depressing Music, Songs by People of Color).

Frokkl
Okay

john_n_charee

I don't understand why this would be a "Not Right Now" feature. I may be missing something but this would offer an amazing user experience! **bleep**, use it as an advanced feature and charge an extra .50 cents per month 🙂 I'd pay. It's not that hard to implement for the development team you folks have.