Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Warning when a Track is removed from Spotify

I use Spotify to store the music i like - saving them on Playlists. Spotify adds music continuosly but also deletes other, by licence problems or whatever. But you Spotify must warn me in that circumstances, so I can get that music from another source. It s not acceptable that you quit music from your servers and from my playlist without any kind of warning. It s a disrepect to the user of your service. Please solve this problem as soon as it s possible.

Updated on 2019-01-11

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're keeping this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

As before, you can show unavailable track by going to Settings -> Display Options -> Show unavailable tracks in playlists. This setting also works for saved songs.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
Marco
Status changed to: Up for Votes
Updated: 2016-07-09

Marked as new idea and edited it to make it easier to understand and search for. 😉

This idea is a re-post of this inactive idea.

prodigee

While I like this idea they're not going to implement it, because then they would essentially be telling us everytime their catalogue size decreases. Not very good advertising.

UxoOr

@prodigee Sometimes good service is better than bad adverticing 😉

r_powell

that is exactly why i have just canceld my premium subscription. i was fed up of going to listen to a play list i made, only to find out half of it is now greyed out. there does not seem to be any logic as to what tracks are removed or not.

Moe46

i need tha **bleep** on spotify 

#important

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y4TwoQ-exo

sipika

I just looked at my Harry Belafonte list, about 230 pieces added and more than half is now greyed.  Same is with many my other lists.  Very disappointing.  Odd thing is that when you look at the same record some songs are greyed and some songs are not.  I would pay more if I could count on that my lists would be untouched.  This is much bigger problem for me than offline song limit.

musiccornercv

If Youtube can do this I'm sure Spotify can handle it too. Good idea. 

aleiix24

great idea, its really annoying discover (after 15min of searching) that your favorite song is removed

pieterroelandt

Also love the idea. Especially when songs you have in playlists get removed this would be useful.

I have a follow-up: when I import a "local" file and Spotify recognizes it (as being in their catalogue), I get the catalogued one in my playlist. What happens when a song like that is removed? (which I technically already imported).

Tnelson2044

ditto, ditto, ditto, ditto!!!!!!