[Music] We need liner notes!

This kudos system is obviously failing. I've seen hundreds of posts suggesting Spotify implement a digital booklet/liner notes option and they all end up "inactive" because of insufficient kudos. I don't even know how to give kudos!

Liner notes or a digital booklet are a "must" for any serious music listener. I'm listening to a Monkeys tribute by several artists and I can't see who is is performing the song, it all says The Monkeys. I know there is a guest guitar player on a particular song and I have no idea who he is. I know this sounds like a Ryan Adams song but I can't confirm it because I can't see who frikkin' wrote it! Liner notes would solve all of these problems, and it sure as **bleep** doesn't cost that much.

Bottom line is, artist recognition (writers, producers, musicians) should not be subject to "kudos" if you really have respect for a musician's work. This should have been available from the very beginning.

As a Premium Spotify listener and Spotify Artist I am begging you guys to make this happen.

Updated on 2019-01-17

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Comments
Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-01-17

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

brudy
Roadie

Totally agree. We need liner notes. They don't need to be fancy but we need notes. I'd bet this is around spotify not wanting the extra data storage issues. Super freaking lame.