[Music] Wish Box for missing Tracks & Artists

Could it be good idea to add a wish box or a button somewhere in Spotify so every time I don't find some record from Spotify I could easily add it to the wish box. Maybe a button next to the search box so after a failed search just clicking the wish box button. Afterwards the Spotify staff and record companies (and users) could see which records are most wanted and use that information for getting the records to the Spotify.

Updated on 2019-02-18

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're switching this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Related Ideas

Comments
Shreeraj

There should be feature to request an album / song that is not available on spotify. If the album seems popular (with a large number of requests), may be you can do something about it to make it available.

MysticDummy

Agree

missing a whole lot of songs Cat Surprised

rrkelley
Roadie

Yeah Rdio has a google docs request form you can fill out.  Surprised Spotify doesn't have something similar.

user-removed
Not applicable

MOG also has a pretty effective method for allowing requests as well as giving feedback as to when albums in question might be available. I just switched from MOG to Spotify, and there are a lot of albums that I'm confused about not being available through Spotify seeing as how MOG and Rdio both carry a number of these missing albums.

thosp
Casual Listener

Hey Spotify,

it would be awesome to have a Wishlist feature. In case that a song was not found by the Spotify search, it would be great to add it to a wishlist. In this personal wishlist, the songs get highlighted as soon as they are available on Spotify. Optimally, it would be great to receive a message if songs from the personal wishlist are now available.

Best regards,

Thorsten

avalancha
Casual Listener
This THE most important thing that your German competitor SIMFY does better, please implement! Also please add a voting system where spotify users can give kudos for higher priority of adding a track/artist...
kuchigalore

Agree this would be a great feature!

RoxasFoxfoot

This feature is very much needed there is so many artists I know who spotify doesn't have yet.

David
Spotify Legend

Hello,

I think there could be two ways this could happen. A "Google Alerts" style thing that gives you updates that anything related to your wishlist shows up, or an artist subscription system that updates your on artists.

However, there might some flaws too. With the former, you might get some results that half match your wishlist. So, for example, if you're awaiting "In Nothing We Trust" by the band "Reuben", then you might get updates for artists with the name Reuben in (there's rather a few to choose from). Anything that uses the words (or parts of the words) "In Nothing We Trust" would also show up too, so some of these results would be unrelated. 

With the latter, it might involve at least the metadata of some artists that may not have any releases on Spotify yet, although our link with Gracenote might share some of that load. 

I do like the idea though - I could enter in a load of names of bands I like and get informed anytime something matching appears. Let's keep feedback coming on this. 

blau
Regular

I never thought of  something like this.

Now that I red this text, I'm starting to miss it. It's a realy nice one.

@David: They way you think of realising this feature sounds really cool.