Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Native app for Mercedes-Benz User Experience (MBUX)

Hello!

I'd like to Have native app for new mbux. 

I know that I can use the app with the Phone, but a native app without needing to use the phone would be cool!
Mercedes will use the mbux on all its machines and it could be a good choice for spotify!

Thanks!

Updated on 2021-06-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
J32ome

Agreed - just bought a new Mercedes with MBUX, it’s default player is iTunes, so if I want to look for a song it can only see my iTunes music. ☹️

Peter
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2019-07-11

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange!

We've marked this as a new idea--we've also updated the title to clarify what you're requesting for other users.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Thanks!

Eterjuv

tottally agee. native spotify for mbux without the need for carplay

Yes, we really need this. Especially beacuse it (sort of) works with Apple Music without Car Play.

pnvsag

Please give us a native Spotify app for MBUX in this Christmas !!!
It's the gift that I and many want from you !!!

Simoniii

Also agree very much. BMW was able to implement it and you can access spotify play lists, but with mercedes this is currently still not possible and a little annoying - not certain if it is spotify or mercedes though, but it may end up forcing me to iMusic, which I would hate to do..

ludvigh

Please add native app in MBUX!

TrapMusicLondon

So just out of curiosity, if you connect your phone via Bluetooth you should be able to control the music via steering wheel buttons too, not? Even the current song name should be shown on the Mercedes Benz car display, not? 

Marcf4

Any updates on this? I don’t have an s class with Mbux 2nd gen. 

mzereba

I strongly agree, it would be an amazing value add to MBUX. 

Thank you for bring it up!