Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mac] Spotify in Notification Center

It would be cool to get a feature we can turn on to have song changes display in the Notification Center on OS X!

Updated on 2019-09-06

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
III

I REALLY want this to happen!

Shadowbottle

Mountain Lion? Sad. This is the perfect type of thing for Yosemite.

cenkt

are we ignored for like 2 years??

is it that hard to make it avaliable to give notifications on notifications center?

chillipeppa

Just seen the Notification Center update for iTunes (latest Yosemite update) and really would love to see similar integration for Spotify.  Would be an alternate/lightweight way to control Spotify tracks.  Please make this a reality..

justinbasile

I can't believe that topic has been ignored that long, but since iTunes now has its own widget for notification (Yosemtite 10.10), 

it would be time for spotify to officialy provide the same 🙂

Thumbs up for the unofficial workaround mentioned by @asbhat !

Here is how itunes widget looks like :

itunes widget right now !

I'd appreciate an album cover ! Here is what i found on Dribbble : 

by Jordan Borth - Jun 6, 2014

Hope it'll come some day,

aufwiedersehenamstrand

Spaceboy88

I'm amazed this idea hasn't been implemented already. What a disgrace.

Oh well - I'm hoping that when Beats 2.0 launches, all these great things that iTunes has done will carry over and it'll be reason enough to cancel Spotify Premium.

beansworld84

I am new here, so I am not sure if I am doing this correctly. I am wondering why I get notifications that songs were added to a playlist hours after it was added. Example- a song was added a day ago but I got the notification 15 hours later saying it was added two hours ago. Why does this happen? When I check the time it was added on the playlist it says a day ago but the notifications say two hours ago.

sandstrom

OS X Notification Center integration would be great, since it would allow for disabling of Spotify notifications and the badge icon.

mattysouthall

As of now, a widget probably would be better.