Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mac] Spotify in Notification Center

It would be cool to get a feature we can turn on to have song changes display in the Notification Center on OS X!

Updated on 2019-09-06

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
mcih

In notification or menu bar (in menu bar only title). Now, when im working and want to change song i must go to spotify app. When i change song on touch bar i cant see title on touch bar/notification/menu bar. Only in spotify app.

Mark1255

Why not? This is such a downside to the app on mac. Windows has a feature like that.

TomVanI

Jesus christ Spotify just make this feature available already

thekashifmalik

Would really like this behavior. Listening to albums is more memorable when you can see then name of each song pop up as the album plays though without pause.

imolorhe

Is this implemented? Are there plans for it to be implemented?

raitox

I feel like I went down a rabbit hole to crazy town. No one at Spotify has the two hours necessary to make this happen? You guys dont have hack days or what?

chaddjohnson

It would be very nice to optionally see notifications pop up on Mac when a new song plays with Spotify.

markmagahis

It's 2019, and this would still be a good native feature. 

In the meantime, I found (from other posts around here requesting this feature) this solution. I'm currently able to run this on the latest macOS 10.14.5 with release 0.6.0. 

I did some tweaking to my Notification Center to prevent the app (Spotify Notifications) from showing in Notification Center. This way it's not cluttered with every song I go thru; I just get the notification. I can always see what's playing now in the Now Playing widget in the Today view of Notification Center. Details on that here

Spotify Notifications.app notification example:

Screen Shot 2019-07-08 at 8.09.07 AM.png

Spotify Notifications.app Preferences:

Screen Shot 2019-07-08 at 8.10.33 AM.pngSpotify Notifications menu items:Screen Shot 2019-07-08 at 8.11.00 AM.png

Bonus, the notification has an option to skip the song right in the notification! 

Screen Shot 2019-07-08 at 8.19.00 AM.png

Download can be found in the releases tab, here

creechy

Some helpful soul has built an app to do this...

https://spotify-notifications.citruspi.io/

TomLegend
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2019-09-06

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks