Opt out of Google Home commands counting towards personalized playlists

Is there any way to make google assistant requests through a google home device be opted out from the playlist suggestions the algorithm makes?

I noticed that my parents request sometimes to hear songs that end up being played on spotify on my account because it's the main account on google home. Now i have playlists being populated by suggestions similar to their requests not mine.

There should be a way to opt out google home devices requests from being used for the suggestion playlists or at least if it isn't my voice requesting the song.

Updated on 2019-08-01

Marked as a new idea + edited title for clarity :)

Make sure to check out @8bne_s9gl-l3's workaround.

0 Likes
Comments
8bne_s9gl-l3
Casual Listener

This can be solved outside of spotify in a very elegant way:

Step 1) You should set up one google account for each family member (optional: set up a family in google and link the different google accounts to the family)

Step 2) Link each members google account in the google home app on their respective devices to its corresponding Spotify account (I am doing that with a premium family spotiofy account)

Step 3) Get each family member to train his voice with the "voice match" option in google assistant

Step 4) Invite all members to the your "Home" in the google home app

Step 5) Put your google home device(s) (or google assistant speaker) into your "Home"

Result: Each person telling the same speaker to play something from spotify uses always his/her own spotify account and will not mess up your recommondations plus it will not block your account when you are sitting in the car, listening to spotify and someone else wants to hear spotify on a smart speaker at home. Spotify only allows playback on one device at a time with the same account.

As far as I know Alexa devices do link accounts not to the user - as google does - but to the device. So that only works for google devices.

Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-08-01

Marked as a new idea + edited title for clarity :)

Make sure to check out @8bne_s9gl-l3's workaround.