Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Organize Liked Songs by genre

I like the new update where you can save music into the "Liked Songs" group where it sorts music by song, album, and artist. There should also be another filter: Genre. I listen to all different genres but there are times when I want to listen to only one type of music.

Updated on 2018-10-26

Hi everyone!

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.

Thanks.

Comments
Chelsea012
2016 and still no Genre option 😕
palmerito0

C'mon guys its the 

C U R R E N T Y E A R

U
R
R
E
N
T
Y
E
A
R

Tonyke

I really must have this functionality too!!

CrossieDR
Can it really be that difficult to add sort by genre filter for playlists and albums? Isn't this basic functionality expected of a modern media player?

This request seems to have stagnated for two years!
ay95

WHY IS THIS NOT A FEATURE??????

seems like a fairly basic necessity for a MUSIC player

ctnwebmail

Clearly Spotify DO NOT LISTEN TO THEIR PAYING CUSTOMERS!!!

Come on, guys!!!  There are 13 pages of support for the concept of users being able to organise their music collection by genre.  You MUST have this genre information stored in the metadata of each entry in your music library or how else would your DISCOVER feature work?

Can someone at Spotify please explain to your paying customers why you choose to ignore such a basic request to allow users to sort by genre when so many users have expressed a desire for this for a number of years now???  Do you even care about your users?  Some would say not...

luizpicone
I gave up from spotfy a month ago. Now I am very happy managing my music the way I want and with genres on Google Music play.
TonyJPRoss

Spotify should either do this or justify why they don't want to.

enricopietro

Another good feature related to genre, would be to make a smart playlist where you want to listen only to a specific genre, or not.. 

I have language curses, classical music, pop, heavy metal and readings in my starred list.. you can imagine the mess that comes out if i just want to listen to my starred (favourite) songs.. 🙂

Apple Music, that i don't want to use, allows you to order your music in many ways..

jankq

Hi, I would love to see this feature as well. Hard to keep track of all saved albums and from time to time you only want listen to specific genre of music. Of course you can create your own playlists, but I prefer listening complete albums.