Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Other] Lyrics support for Apple TV app

Lyrics have been a great addition to Spotify apps across several of my devices, but on the latest Spotify app for my Apple TV 4K, the feature doesn’t seem to be available. Roku and Xbox already appear to have support, so it would be great to have this feature on Apple’s streaming platform as well.

Updated on 2022-04-04

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
OwenGardiner

@swimmins there is a website/app that allows you to transfer playlists between platforms. But before you jump ship, I know it’s a shame that Spotify doesn’t have lyrics on Apple TV, but I’ve used Apple Music and Spotify, and Spotify has many more features and just in general is more refined. Don’t get me wrong, apple lyrics work wayyy better than Spotifys but I think it will be worth waiting for the lyrics 🤷‍♂️ 

babelhoo

How come it’s available in all devices, even on iOS, but it’s not on the device this feature makes most sense??? 

derekneuland

Would really prefer to use Spotify on my Apple TV instead of my Xbox (the Xbox Spotify app has lyric support). I end up moving to Apple Music or not listening when I realize this.

marianosq

Another user requesting support for this feature. It's available in Apple Music, it's available on Amazon Prime, it's available... well everywhere except my main source of music, Spotify. 

As a workaround I know I can use spotify connect and view lyrics on my mobile while the song plays on Apple tv, but come on.. it's not ideal. 

Annn93

Hi!

What's the current status of this feature?

Is there any progress?

Any beta to test out?

limache

YES PLEASE we need lyrics on the Apple TV Spotify app

Why would you guys NOT include this ??? Makes no sense 

please add the lyrics feature to Apple TV app ASAP 

ilikeapples

Yesss I actually don't understand why Spotify hasn't added the lyrics feature to the Apple TV app. There are so many Apple TV users who use Spotify around me including myself... I'm thinking of moving to Apple Music because it has lyrics on the Apple TV app 😕 Spotify better add this feature soon...

limache
What kind of TV do you have?

So I have an LG smart TV and it has the spotify app. That spotify app for
LG actually HAS lyrics.

I was so dumbfoundead. How is that possible?

like COME ON this is such a simple request. There has to be an explanation
or Spotify is just run by idiots.
Novy
Status changed to: Live Idea

Updated on 2022-04-04

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

themonarc

Happy to see that this idea has been so quick to get to the Live status. Here’s hoping that this missing functionality gets added soon!